A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Egg Roll In A Bowl  (Read 299 times)

Offline jsaras

Egg Roll In A Bowl
« on: September 03, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
Using my griddle for an Asian-inspired meal

1 pound ground pork sausage or ground chicken or ground beef (2tsp salt)
6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
4 cloves garlic, minced
1TB ginger, minced
1TB soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1TB sesame oil

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often to crumble, until cooked through.

Add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with the sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cabbage has softened a bit.

Remove from the heat and top with the green onions and drizzle with sesame oil.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Egg Roll In A Bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »
Nice Jonas!
-Tony

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 12:31:56 AM »
My youngest daughter makes a couple versions of this, one uses shredded brussels sprouts too, great dish!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »
Yes! My wife makes a version of this. So simple and surprisingly good. (I like to stuff it into a soft corn tortilla. A bit unusual, but sort of along the lines of a moo shu wrapper.)

Matt

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 11:22:23 PM »
My daughter, who is here with us for a few months, is trying to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. Without the meat (and perhaps more vegetables yet) she might really like this. I think I will surprise her with some version of this. Thanks, Jonas.
-Tony

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
Jonas, I made a version of your dish tonight. It was good and appreciated by my daughter. I used everything you did except ground meat. The vegetable stir fry would have been better with fat from one of the meats so I used a small amount of sesame oil instead and finished with soy sauce. The slaw mix I bought (3 8oz bags) had barely any carrots and red cabbage so I cut up more before I began cooking. Pre-cooked some snow peas, zucchini, mushrooms, celery, sesame seeds, and sun dried tomatoes. Everything was warm but firm when I pulled it. Finished with rice wine vinegar and a little more sesame oil. We had one good sized high quality strip steak in the freezer. I grilled it and cross cut it into slices. It was delicious and a nice ‘garnish.’  Granddaughter helped with canned biscuits and cutting some veg. Thanks for posting your dish. Wish I had take a photo but I was hustling between the grill and the kitchen.
-Tony

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 06:58:32 AM »
I like to do this with ground turkey and Mann's Rainbow Salad which is Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots & Red Cabbage
Deb

wordpress