A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The BEST videos for finding good NY style pizza in Los Angeles  (Read 281 times)

Offline adamr06

• I Love Pizza!
The BEST videos for finding good NY style pizza in Los Angeles
« on: September 07, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »
As a NY transplant who now lives in LA, it is always a joy to find a pizzeria out here that makes a decent NY slice. For years, my go-to places were Village Pizza, Mulberry St., and Joe's. But now, thanks to forums like this, and YouTube, I'm finding there's way more legit NY style out here than I thought.

So here are some of my favorite videos on where to find the best NY style pizza in Los Angeles. No doubt many of you have already seen some of these, but I wanted to create a post with all of the best videos in one place. If you find any other videos on good NY pizza in LA, please add them to the list!

- So far, I like Joe's Pizza best for a regular slice, and for the best pepperoni slice, it's a tie between Pie Life Pizza and Pizzanista.

2 SLICE CHALLENGE - Show Recap Episodes 1-9

The Pizza Show: Los Angeles

Joe's Pizza Los Angeles California With The Pizza Artist

New Yorker Tries LA's Best Pizza

The Best Slice of Pizza in LA: Chef's Night Out with Pizzanista!

Offline bbqchuck

• Supporting Member
Re: The BEST videos for finding good NY style pizza in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:04:37 AM »
I've had Pizzanista on my list for a while now.  But....did that pizzaiolo swap spit with the pizzas he was sliding into the deck? 

Offline adamr06

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 03:02:05 PM »
I've had Pizzanista on my list for a while now.  But....did that pizzaiolo swap spit with the pizzas he was sliding into the deck?
OMG I never noticed that before! It sure does look that way. And I think they used that clip TWICE.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:58 PM »
I've been to most of the places listed and I think that Vito's sets the bar for NY-style pizza in LA.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline adamr06

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
I like Vito's.

Just got back from Tomato Pie Pizza Joint in Silver Lake, which was very good. Pretty solid NY style.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
I visited the original West LA location a few days ago, which will soon be remodeled and expanded.  The pizza remains consistently good.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline adamr06

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »
Nice pics jsaras! Those happen to be the only 3 slices Iíve ever had there. Usually I just go for the cheese and pepperoni, but last time I was there I decided to try the meat slice. While the cheese slice was great, my meat slice wasnít reheated properly, and all of the meatballs on top were cold inside. Iím sure a few more minutes in the oven would have made a huge difference, as it appears to have with your experience. Next time Iím in the area, Iíll give Vitoís another try. I still love their cheese and pepperoni.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:51:56 PM by adamr06 »