A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Great Pizza in Venice Italy?  (Read 276 times)

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
Great Pizza in Venice Italy?
« on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:31 PM »
A chef friend of mine is going to Venice next week and wondered where to go for great pizza.  I have no idea and told her I would post it here.   Thanks in advance.  Walter
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Great Pizza in Venice Italy?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Walter,

This is a great site which lists some of the best pizza places in Venice, including reviews, maps, photos, menus and pricing, as well as reservations and discounts: https://www.thefork.it/ristorante+pizza+venezia   

Apart from pizza, no culinary tour of Venice is complete without visiting the bacari (wine bars) where they serve cicchetti (similar to tapas) - a great way to try a variety of the local specialties, especially the seafood.

Hope this helps.

Rolls
"I'm sure it's good... I just have the palate of a toddler."   - DreamingOfPizza

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 12:19:49 PM »
Walter,

This is a great site which lists some of the best pizza places in Venice, including reviews, maps, photos, menus and pricing, as well as reservations and discounts: https://www.thefork.it/ristorante+pizza+venezia   

Apart from pizza, no culinary tour of Venice is complete without visiting the bacari (wine bars) where they serve cicchetti (similar to tapas) - a great way to try a variety of the local specialties, especially the seafood.

Hope this helps.

Rolls

That helps a lot.  Thanks Rolls!  Walter
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:12 PM »
I get that Venice isn't Naples and Venetian culinary tradition differs from that of Naples, but ... if pizza photos of the top 5 rated restaurants are representative of their best efforts, I'm pretty sure I'd be ordering something other than pizza ...  :( Just sayin' ...

Offline nickyr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 09:25:41 AM »
I get that Venice isn't Naples and Venetian culinary tradition differs from that of Naples, but ... if pizza photos of the top 5 rated restaurants are representative of their best efforts, I'm pretty sure I'd be ordering something other than pizza ...  :( Just sayin' ...

Yeah when I went to Venice, I didnít eat any pizza at all. The city has banned wood fired ovens, except for some that were grandfathered in.

You actually have to be careful with all the food in Venice, there are a lot of tourist traps. But we did get some very good pasta.

Offline nickyr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 09:27:06 AM »
If I had gone somewhere, it probably would have been Rossopomodoro. Theyíre one of the few with a wood oven and the pizza looks pretty good.

Online HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 09:34:53 AM »
Yeah when I went to Venice, I didnít eat any pizza at all. The city has banned wood fired ovens, except for some that were grandfathered in.

You actually have to be careful with all the food in Venice, there are a lot of tourist traps. But we did get some very good pasta.

^^^ I have been there many times. It's awesome to visit but in the back of my mind it kind of felt like being at theme park.
Hans

Offline Golfjules

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 09:55:22 AM »
My family is from Naples. My uncle owns Spaccanapoli in Vicenza about 45 mins from Venezia. Check it out

Offline ansys

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 01:28:26 AM »
Thinking that Italy is only about pizza napoletana is a common mistake... and a bad one. In Italy we don't make and eat only pizza napoletana, there are other styles. It was published few days ago the "Guide pizzerie d"Italia 2020" by Gambero Rosso. It's the 2020 guide to pizzerie in Italy and there are more than 700 pizzerie reviewed. They are divided in four categories: napoletana, italiana (Italian style), degustazione (tasting), al taglio. As you can see by the link
https://www.gamberorosso.it/notizie/classifiche/migliori-pizzerie-ditalia-2020-del-gambero-rosso-tutti-i-premi/amp/
(the article is in Italian) that is a summary of the guide, some of the best pizzerie napoletane are not in Naples and not even in Campania. The second best pizzeria napoletana, according to them, is in northern Italy in Erbusco between Brescia and Bergamo.