A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Home Run Inn  (Read 454 times)

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Home Run Inn
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:19:44 PM »
Finally was able to have HRI pizza today. This was The 1947, sausage, mushrooms and "caramelized" onions. Onions were really just sautéed a bit.

Good thin crust, I prefer it over Vito & Nicks. Firm crust that breaks instead of bends. Sweet sauce. The real star was the salad, I'd go back in a minute for that.

Hans

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
Re: Home Run Inn
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:30:40 AM »
I like HRI a lot.  It's a real oddball and impossible compare to other types of thin.  Some people on here describe it as "thick thin." 

The dough has a very high oil %, which makes it almost like a deep dish crust in that regard.  And they're not shy with the sausage application, which is nice.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Home Run Inn
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:05:35 AM »
I like HRI a lot.  It's a real oddball and impossible compare to other types of thin.  Some people on here describe it as "thick thin." 

The dough has a very high oil %, which makes it almost like a deep dish crust in that regard.  And they're not shy with the sausage application, which is nice.

Hi Garvey  :pizza:
I'd like to ask if you have ever baked one of the grocery store HRI pizzas.... And if so, can you recommend a baking protocol?
I get a hankering for one of these every few months or so and have tried several different ways of baking but can't seem to get past having the crust turn out so brittle.
Thanks for any help pizza pal.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T