A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party Pizzone wear questions  (Read 668 times)

Offline fyn

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza Party Pizzone wear questions
« on: July 19, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
Hey all - I've had my Pizzone for a year and absolutely love it. I have noticed two potential issues though and I'm wondering if anyone knows if these are really things to be concerned about. I was going to message Simone directly but I couldn't seem to add images to private messages.

1) I notice a small ring of rust around where the chimney meets the oven. I think it's originating from the bottom of the chimney. Is there a way to address this easily?

2) One of my Saputo stones cracked in half after my last bake (just noticed it). It's the back left stone, so not one I bake on, and it's a pretty clean crack with no loose bits. Will I be able to order a replacement to the US if I need to?

Pictures of both below.

Thanks!
Dave

Offline Pandasbecats

• Supporting Member
Re: Pizza Party Pizzone wear questions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:32:27 AM »
I have a red 70x70 and both of these things happened to me. For rust on the chimney and the area you're mentioning, I used heat resistant black spray paint to cover everything.

I have the stock floor and 3 of my bricks have cracked cleanly as well. Hasn't changed anything for me since they are all lengthwise breaks and so the floor is still in place. According to old threads though, people who've had their oven floors collapse have placed steel metal sheets under the broken bricks with some good success.

Doubt Pizza Party would ship you new bricks to the USA based on my recent emails with them. However, it's worth a try.
Red Pizza Party 70x70
11"x11" Wood Peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel
Doughmate Artisan Proofing Trays
Bakers Mark Proofing Trays
Nutrimill Artiste

Offline fyn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:41:42 AM »
Thanks Pandasbecats! Do you have a specific spray you'd recommend? Maybe we can convince Pizza Party to do a group shipment to Seattle? :)

Hope you're holding up OK in everything going on here.

-Dave

Offline Pandasbecats

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 02:34:06 AM »
I used this paint, which they also sell in Home depot:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UE7MW4/?tag=pmak-20

Group shipment would be great. Longer chimney, door with glass, flue valve, etc. Been okay, making a lot of pizzas. Hopefully you're doing the same

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:53:56 AM by Pete-zza »
Red Pizza Party 70x70
11"x11" Wood Peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel
Doughmate Artisan Proofing Trays
Bakers Mark Proofing Trays
Nutrimill Artiste

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 03:14:56 AM »
When mine is not in use, chimney and everything I can fit in, goes inside the oven and gets covered with their cover. Had my Passione a couple years now, no rust at all. No cracks I can see either.
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Gene in Acadiana

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 03:41:34 AM »
When mine is not in use, chimney and everything I can fit in, goes inside the oven and gets covered with their cover. Had my Passione a couple years now, no rust at all. No cracks I can see either.

I do the same thing and after more than two years, no signs of rust anywhere on the chimney and no cracks in the Saputo floor.

Offline fyn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 01:06:55 PM »
I also cover mine when it's not in use, but I can't cover it until the next day when it's come down in temp. It does get exposed to rain sometimes in those periods, but in the majority of wet weather it's covered. That's why I've been surprised to see the rust.

Offline Gene in Acadiana

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 01:49:38 PM »
I also cover mine when it's not in use, but I can't cover it until the next day when it's come down in temp. It does get exposed to rain sometimes in those periods, but in the majority of wet weather it's covered. That's why I've been surprised to see the rust.

What kind of cover are you using? If you're using the one that PP makes, that one doesn't seem to be completely waterproof and may soak through over time. Or maybe you're covering it when it's still slightly wet, trapping moisture underneath.

I would do what Pandasbecats mentioned and give it a couple of coats of high-heat Rustoleum. Get a wire brush and scrape away some of the lose particles first.

Offline fyn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
What kind of cover are you using? If you're using the one that PP makes, that one doesn't seem to be completely waterproof and may soak through over time. Or maybe you're covering it when it's still slightly wet, trapping moisture underneath.

I would do what Pandasbecats mentioned and give it a couple of coats of high-heat Rustoleum. Get a wire brush and scrape away some of the lose particles first.

It is the PP cover, and living in Seattle I can almost guarantee moisture does get trapped under there. ;)

Great suggestions all. Love this forum.

-Dave