A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Etna gas oven ( Edil Planet Forni )  (Read 4301 times)

Offline dasabonis

• Windsor Pizza is still the best
Re: Etna gas oven ( Edil Planet Forni )
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
If anyone is curious about my set up, here it is. The thread on the nozzle that comes with the oven is 3/16. I went to home hardware and bought a few couplings that allowed me to connect to my natural gas hose. The other end of the hose is a quick connect which attaches to the quick connect coming out of my house. All joints have the natural gas yellow tape and I verified no leaks with soapy water. I just did the 100c warm up and everything worked great. Couple more break in and hopefully I'll be eating pizza tomorrow.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2019, 02:09:44 PM »
I wonder if this contributed to your stone cracking. The cool down would be more gradual if you had insulation between the stainless and stone. This needs to be corrected as they sent you an oven with missing parts. Hopefully when Dario is back this gets resolved.

What parts do you think I might be missing? There was loose packaging insulation under the stone when it was shipped. I doubt that would stay in the oven with heat. At least I would not eat food with that loose insulation in the oven. I think this is the way the oven is designed without insulation on the bottom. The stone is the insulation. If anyone has a different set up or other parts that would provide insulation on the base, please share some photos.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:13:04 PM by Roadrunner »

Offline dasabonis

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »
What parts do you think I might be missing? There was loose packaging insulation under the stone when it was shipped. I doubt that would stay in the oven with heat. At least I would not eat food with that loose insulation in the oven. I think this is the way the oven is designed without insulation on the bottom. The stone is the insulation. If anyone has a different set up or other parts that would provide insulation on the base, please share some photos.

Ok so that loose insulation under the stone is the insulation I was referring to. I believe the ardore has the same set up with the insulation loose under the stone. I left mine. I'm not sure if that will cause an issue with cooking food but that is how the oven was designed. Can someone with an ardore please confirm?

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2019, 02:41:21 PM »
Ok so that loose insulation under the stone is the insulation I was referring to. I believe the ardore has the same set up with the insulation loose under the stone. I left mine. I'm not sure if that will cause an issue with cooking food but that is how the oven was designed. Can someone with an ardore please confirm?
So did I after I confirmed with the makers!
All your pizza are belong to me

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »

That looked like packing protection but seems like I may be wrong. I will check with them on Monday. I threw all that out so it it belong there, iíll need to get replacement insulation along with replacement stone. The documentation is non existent on how to set this oven up.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 02:53:46 PM »
On another note, I set up my oven cart to run the gas through a shut off valve in the front to control flow while backing. Works well.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:55:46 PM by Roadrunner »

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2019, 03:08:17 PM »
That looked like packing protection but seems like I may be wrong. I will check with them on Monday. I threw all that out so it it belong there, iíll need to get replacement insulation along with replacement stone. The documentation is non existent on how to set this oven up.

I checked with them,  that is supposed to be left there.   I asked about heat retention, they said dont put anything in front of it because thats not how its intended to work and could result in a dangerous situation. Such as the flame moving upward and potentially damaging the upper part of the dome.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:14:11 PM by Guppy »

Offline dasabonis

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2019, 03:19:30 PM »
On another note, I set up my oven cart to run the gas through a shut off valve in the front to control flow while backing. Works well.

Looks great!

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
The Ardore has insulation under the stone.  IIRC, it looks like a panel of rigid insulation. 

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 03:52:07 PM »
awesome setup, you do have talent!

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »
My final setup !

Offline dasabonis

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 06:45:04 PM »
My final setup !

Very nice. Excited to try my first pizza tomorrow. First time cooking at these temps so it should be interesting.

Offline rkfiske

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »
If anyone is curious about my set up, here it is. The thread on the nozzle that comes with the oven is 3/16. I went to home hardware and bought a few couplings that allowed me to connect to my natural gas hose. The other end of the hose is a quick connect which attaches to the quick connect coming out of my house. All joints have the natural gas yellow tape and I verified no leaks with soapy water. I just did the 100c warm up and everything worked great. Couple more break in and hopefully I'll be eating pizza tomorrow.

Dude you are the MVP! I appreciate you letting us know the threading on that valve. Saved me some time trying to figure out what to get.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »

Nice set up. I made a quick connect for my propane tank from a quick connect hose and barb connectors from amazon. Cut the hose in half and connected the male to the oven and female to the tank.

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »
Nice set up. I made a quick connect for my propane tank from a quick connect hose and barb connectors from amazon. Cut the hose in half and connected the male to the oven and female to the tank.

Show us!

Offline dasabonis

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2019, 08:16:25 AM »
This oven is powerful. I haven't tested it to see how long it takes to get to 900, but I don't think it'll be too long.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:52 AM »
Show us!

I used this hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK43NL3/?tag=pmak-20

And these connectors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHI06S4/?tag=pmak-20

I have everything tucked away in my table. Next time I move it Iíll take a picture. It was as simple as cutting the hose in half, attaching the cut end of the male end to the oven with a clamp and using one of the connectors on the regulator hose and attach to the cut end of the female quick connect.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
This oven is powerful. I haven't tested it to see how long it takes to get to 900, but I don't think it'll be too long.

Beautiful outdoor setup. Let us know how the first burn goes. Mine took 40 min to get close to 900į at center of stone.

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2019, 11:16:50 AM »
up and running! now its pie time!

Offline Guppy

• Pizza amateur
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2019, 11:24:32 AM »
I used this hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK43NL3/?tag=pmak-20

And these connectors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHI06S4/?tag=pmak-20

I have everything tucked away in my table. Next time I move it Iíll take a picture. It was as simple as cutting the hose in half, attaching the cut end of the male end to the oven with a clamp and using one of the connectors on the regulator hose and attach to the cut end of the female quick connect.
Cool thanks!

wordpress