A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Etna gas oven ( Edil Planet Forni )  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Etna gas oven ( Edil Planet Forni )
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2019, 06:22:21 PM »
i have been enjoying baking on the saputo stone.  when my Sicilian brick cracked, i also ordered a 16x16x1 California Pizza Stone too.  finally gave that a try and i am very impressed.  it fits like a glove and bullet proof.  at 750 deck temp it put out beautiful pizzas in under 90sec and had wonderful leoparding on the bottom that sometimes harder for me to achieve on the saputo. i know others have has some issues with broken stones and wanted to share this as an option.

Offline rkfiske

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2019, 09:38:17 AM »
Are you stacking the cordierite stone on top of the saputo or swapping it out?

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
Are you stacking the cordierite stone on top of the saputo or swapping it out?

Swapping them. Too thick to place on top. 

Offline Sim0ne

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2020, 04:03:04 PM »
Im looking at one of these, would you guys still recommend them.

They seam to be a cheaper alternative to the adore.

Thanks

Online dasabonis

• Windsor Pizza is still the best
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Im looking at one of these, would you guys still recommend them.

They seam to be a cheaper alternative to the adore.

Thanks

I have had mine for almost a year and I love it. I got mine with biscotti tile.i would buy again considering pizza party no longer sells to NA.

Offline Sim0ne

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2020, 05:51:53 PM »
I have had mine for almost a year and I love it. I got mine with biscotti tile.i would buy again considering pizza party no longer sells to NA.

Perfect whats the best floor for Neapolitan

Thanks

Online dasabonis

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »
Perfect whats the best floor for Neapolitan

Thanks

The recommended floor for neapolitan pizza is the Biscotto Siciliano. This is the one I have. From what I understand, this is very similar to Biscotto Saputo that many of the Pizza Party owners use. I have never seen the Biscotto Saputo, but I can confirm the Biscotto Siciliano works great for neapolitan. I cook with floor temps between 800-900.

Offline TacamoTony

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2020, 02:59:46 PM »
I emailed Edil Planet ([email protected]) today asking for a price quote for the Etna Gas or the Surriento (Sorrento) Gas ship to Maryland (USA). I asked for prices with Lava Stone and with Biscotto Siciliano as I'm not sure which way I'll choose as some posters here had issues with the biscotto. 

Not much (if any) info on the Surriento Gas model on the web site but it was mentioned on their facebook page.  It looks similar to the Nonno Lillo but without the chimney.  For those that ordered the Etna, did you use email or chat with them via WhatsApp?

Online dasabonis

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2020, 08:11:24 PM »
I emailed Edil Planet ([email protected]) today asking for a price quote for the Etna Gas or the Surriento (Sorrento) Gas ship to Maryland (USA). I asked for prices with Lava Stone and with Biscotto Siciliano as I'm not sure which way I'll choose as some posters here had issues with the biscotto. 

Not much (if any) info on the Surriento Gas model on the web site but it was mentioned on their facebook page.  It looks similar to the Nonno Lillo but without the chimney.  For those that ordered the Etna, did you use email or chat with them via WhatsApp?

I started out emailing and then switched to whatsapp. At first i was hesitant to order something via paypal, but I can confirm these guys are legit and everything went smoothly for my order.

Offline Sim0ne

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2020, 02:30:16 AM »
What would you guys say the reason for choosing these over a pp adore, is it just a price thing.
Thanks

Offline TacamoTony

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2020, 06:55:27 AM »
What would you guys say the reason for choosing these over a pp adore, is it just a price thing.
Thanks
PizzaParty no longer will ship to North America.  So PP isn't an option for me.  Otherwise I would definitely consider it based on reviews by folks on this forum.

Offline Roadrunner

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »
Thanks

I have the Etna and after some issues with the biscotti which cracked (see my posts), I am relavtively happy with it after dropping a Saputo brick init.   if I had a do over, I would go with the Adore with their Saputo brick and what seems to be good customer service. it seems like a better oven (has legs for one thing) and a real Saputo brick option.  I had to seperatley buy a Saputo brick so in the end, was not that much cheaper and i would have saved myself a lot of time and effort. dont overthink it.

Offline TacamoTony

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2020, 06:41:37 PM »

I got a response on email this afternoon (1 day turnaround time so that is a good start). 

The price for the Surriento Gas w/ biscotto siciliano shipped to me (MD, USA) is 950 Euros. 

They advertised a 599 Euro special on their Facebook page. So that is 351 for shipping.  Thoughts from folks on the forum on the proposed shipping cost?

The Surriento is a few inches/cm wider than the Etna.  They both use the same size stone, but the burner on the Surriento doesn't overlap the stone so you get more 'usable' stone.  The Surriento appears to have small feet (4 inches?) and comes with a door (both were knocks mentioned here on the Etna). 

I'm still interested, but going over the $1k mark (after exchange rate) is a mental barrier. 

Offline Sulina_77

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »
Still new, and I doubt how many on the forum can actually give you an opinion. You can search a little on those having experience with the etna and nonno lillo. It looks promising but for the price you ll buy an alfa. Also the door with no chimney is a big queation mark. Though the door is intended for lower temps to cook bread and other dishes. For me, the best option is a koda sml with saputo stone. Best value for money.

Offline Sulina_77

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »
Thanks
Yes. The ardore looks fantastic but overpriced at 780 with biscotto (biscotto is even cheaper if you buy it from fornace saputo)

Offline TacamoTony

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2020, 10:38:21 AM »
Status update.  I emailed Edil back and asked if there were other shipping options that might be cheaper than the ~$400 US quote, but they said there weren't.  While the Surriento Gas appears to check all the boxes and is likely 'worth' the 2x cost of a Koda 16, I'm going to hold off as I'm not convinced that our once a week family pizza making really warrants such a fine oven (and added cost). 

Both times they responded to me the next day so their communication is very good. 

I'm hopeful that some of you purchase this new model from Edil and post reviews/photos!

Photo is from their Facebook page. 
Translated highlights:
100% stainless steel
40 x 40 cm hob (useful space)
550 degrees Neapolitan pizza biscotto
Stainless steel feet
Door (for slow cooking with the oven off)
Built-in 10 kw burner
NO chimney

I got a response on email this afternoon (1 day turnaround time so that is a good start). 

The price for the Surriento Gas w/ biscotto siciliano shipped to me (MD, USA) is 950 Euros. 

They advertised a 599 Euro special on their Facebook page. So that is 351 for shipping.  Thoughts from folks on the forum on the proposed shipping cost?

The Surriento is a few inches/cm wider than the Etna.  They both use the same size stone, but the burner on the Surriento doesn't overlap the stone so you get more 'usable' stone.  The Surriento appears to have small feet (4 inches?) and comes with a door (both were knocks mentioned here on the Etna). 

I'm still interested, but going over the $1k mark (after exchange rate) is a mental barrier.

Offline dragonspawn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
I would have loved to snatch one sorrinto but couldn't find any video of it in action or resulting product. They also omitted such basic information as the oven weight.

wordpress