A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Party Adore // my latest Pizzas  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: Pizza Party Adore // my latest Pizzas
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »
This still looks good to me  ;D

It's possible that the later balling made your dough tougher. Well, if you didn't change any other factor, that should be the one reason at 99% then.

I had "good" and "bad" 6H-balling, I may have said it a couple of months ago somewhere in the forum. One day I made dough and balled 6H before using and the dough turned out great, and then another time 6H balling made my balls too tough. There were differences between both batches (for starters I think it wasn't the same flour at all, but either Italian pizza flour or 12% protein "all purpose"), but I think it's still interesting to know that the result depends on everyone's procedure.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 11:54:14 PM »
Greetings . . . Just some thoughts. I can now “tell” when I have had insufficient time in ball. That in itself is a bit scary considering my “wing it“ methods . . .  But. The last couple of sessions have resulted in a faster ferment and I have cut the time in ball to less than I believe it should be, based on some previous experience.  I have tried 12 and 12 and it did not work for me, I finally settled on 18 and 6, but lately through distractions have missed that timing where the dough was really 19 and 5. It seemed to me to have made a difference, the last bake was more difficult to stretch, reluctant to move and was a bit cooler and may have to do with how aggressively I prepared the balls. I am still learning. It seems from my limited experience that there is a sweet spot for extensible dough and it is closer to 18/6 than less time in balls. We shall see
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »
Stunning pies. I was hesitant to push up to 65% with caputo pizzeria but the crumb on your pie makes me want to! What is your room temp, and what does your bulk look like when you ball it?

I've been approaching a 24 hour timeline, but trying to work it out so the balls spend more time in bulk as I proof on wood (and 12 hours on wood plus an addition 5 to 7 hour holding time makes the bottoms too dry) so I'm trying to get my split around 16/8 or 18/6...

Pizzas from last week. All made with Caputo Pizzeria // 65% Hydration // 0,03% Yeast // 24 Hour at RT (12/12)

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 12:35:51 AM »
What does your bulk look like when balling? This is a more feasible timeline for me (ideally, I want to do 18 + 6 so I don't have to ball in the middle of the night but I have a window of usability from, say, 5 to 10 or 11.) Ideally, make dough around 5, ball next morning at 11, use from 5 onward.

It's amazing how easy you all make the 24h room temp ferment seem. It's one of the most difficult things I've tried to master.

Greetings . . . Just some thoughts. I can now “tell” when I have had insufficient time in ball. That in itself is a bit scary considering my “wing it“ methods . . .  But. The last couple of sessions have resulted in a faster ferment and I have cut the time in ball to less than I believe it should be, based on some previous experience.  I have tried 12 and 12 and it did not work for me, I finally settled on 18 and 6, but lately through distractions have missed that timing where the dough was really 19 and 5. It seemed to me to have made a difference, the last bake was more difficult to stretch, reluctant to move and was a bit cooler and may have to do with how aggressively I prepared the balls. I am still learning. It seems from my limited experience that there is a sweet spot for extensible dough and it is closer to 18/6 than less time in balls. We shall see

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2019, 12:42:46 AM »
Hotsawce, my ferment is in bulk, in the mixer bowl, covered with plastic wrap for 18 hours then balled and put into a wood box, OK, it’s birch plywood, for what I hope to be 6 hours.

Sorry I missed your note as I was responding. I make the dough about 5’O scotch, do the stretch and folds interrupted by my sipping and relaxing then after a few 10-15 minute s&f and relaxing, put it into the mixing bowl, covered . .  .time to refresh the beverage. Next morning, later actually about 11 ish, I break it into balls and place it into the box or containers, seldom with refreshments! I check the pluviometer, temperature and wing it from there .  . OK, some stress involved. Bake is usually just after 7:00, in time for wine
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:51:19 AM by Icelandr »

Offline daCaMo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2019, 02:18:52 PM »
Had a little pizza party. Some guests after a looong time.
Dough was better than the last time. I made it with 12 h in bulk and 12 in balls.

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »
It seems to me that you have a very good handle on this, a keen eye and a deft touch. I love them all.

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
Dough was better than the last time. I made it with 12 h in bulk and 12 in balls.

Im doing a 12hr rt bulk and 12hr rt ball tonight using idy.   I hope they come out as nice as yours. They look and I bet tasted great.   First time doing 24 hr rt with idy.  My starter was in the fridge.

Jerry

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2019, 02:22:16 AM »

I think you know how to make good pizza camo.  :chef:

My GF is currently visiting home... In K town. 😎
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2019, 08:04:43 AM »
It seems to me that you have a very good handle on this, a keen eye and a deft touch. I love them all.

^^^
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline daCaMo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »
OK, here are some pizzas from last week.

Caputo Pizzeria // 66% Hydro // 0,025 - 0,03% Yeast // 3% Salt // 24 h at 21 degrees // 12 h bulk / 12 h in Balls

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
Very Nice Pizza! I lost you at the broccoli, but that is just me! Nicely formed and baked with great cheese melt!

Offline jsaras

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »
Looks terrific! What is your dough ball weight?
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline daCaMo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 01:27:37 AM »
Very Nice Pizza! I lost you at the broccoli, but that is just me! Nicely formed and baked with great cheese melt!

;D that is my wifes fault... I only eat the Margheritas.
It is broccoli with gouda and a whole lot of garlic oil...
Thank you Greg!!

My dough ball weight is approximately 250-260g.

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 02:37:14 AM »
How can you make them so round?? I can't  :-D

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 07:01:38 AM »
Wonderful!!! I would eat them all, broccoli and gouda included.  :-D

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »
Question for the community, how do you get the long thin strands of cheese?  I usually just pinch, so they come out semi round, but I like the looks of the longer strands.

Thanks! 

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »
I used to pinch, chop extrude anything I could, now I use the method shown in this video at about the 7 minute mark, I am very pleased with the results, simple and fast

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=41907.msg597367#msg597367

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »
OK, here are some pizzas from last week.

Caputo Pizzeria // 66% Hydro // 0,025 - 0,03% Yeast // 3% Salt // 24 h at 21 degrees // 12 h bulk / 12 h in Balls

Geeez.... it doesn't get much better than this.... You are on your game dude!  🤑
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline vincentoc13

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
Icelandr, thanks I will give that a try!