A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Turkish Pizza (lahmacun)  (Read 360 times)

Offline madlib

• I Love Pizza!
Turkish Pizza (lahmacun)
« on: October 16, 2019, 12:12:58 PM »
For those interested, see below for my Turkish pizza recipe (lahmacun). Make mine with an Ooni Koda =)

Ingredients
- 1x large onion
- 3x garlic cloves
- 4x big tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1x packet of fresh parsley (donít take the stems off)
- 2x large chillies
- 2x red bell peppers (take off stem and seeds)
- 1x table spoon of chilli flakes
- 2x tea spoons of ground black pepper
- 1x table spoon of salt
- Half a table spoon of rosemary

Preperation

Throw it all in a food processor and chop it up for about 30-40 seconds or until the parsley stems are finely chopped.

Taste it and add salt or the spicy ingredients to taste.

(mixture on its own will taste delicious and can be used as a cold Ďmezeí as well)

Then put in a bowl and mix in 250g of beef mince by hand (squeeze in with the mixture until incorporated).

Mixture should be quite wet at this point, if not then add half a glass of water.

For the dough I like to use Neapolitan style as itís soft and stretchy. I use dough balls weighing about 80-90 grams and roll that thin with a rolling pin until it fits the Ooni peel.

Itís a bit of experimenting to get it cooked evenly but will quickly get the hang of it - basically turning every 20-25 seconds until the crust is cooked all the way around.

Note: the mixture can be quite wet just make sure you donít wet your dough too much for obvious reasons. Apply it a bit more than you would with pizza sauce, just donít overdo it - can always increase this until you get the amount of coverage that is to your taste.

Once cooked sprinkle bit of salt on it and lemon juice and eat like that or why not fill with some chopped tomatoes, lettuce, onions (mixed with salt and sumac) and parsley and roll it up. Optionally add some garlic and some hot sauce.

Offline MisterPKM

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Turkish Pizza (lahmacun)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
This looks amazing. I just got back from Turkey and am haunted by the food and came here looking for this and a recipe for Pide.

Do you have any suggestions for Pide? I will certainly be trying this in the coming weeks to try to  recapture Istanbul.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Turkish Pizza (lahmacun)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 11:59:16 PM »
I can imagine that your pizza tasted really good!  :chef:
Why do you stack them all on top of each other?

Nice pizza making man.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress