A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: 3rd Trofeo Caputo in China  (Read 236 times)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
3rd Trofeo Caputo in China
« on: November 02, 2019, 07:20:59 AM »
Hi guys!

I just come back from the Trofeo Caputo in China, where is was invited to judge!

Around 50 participants for Margherita STG and Classica, the 1st of the Margherita category won a trip to Neaples for 2020's competition.

The pizza competition I usually judge in China has a different level, more local, so it was great to judge "better" pizzas baked in WFO.

I want to go to Neaples next year too... Who's in??

Enjoy the pics!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: 3rd Trofeo Caputo in China
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 11:59:58 AM »
Very nice, what traits do you look for when judging Neapolitan? what was your thoughts on the pizza shown in the picture?

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: 3rd Trofeo Caputo in China
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »
Very nice, what traits do you look for when judging Neapolitan? what was your thoughts on the pizza shown in the picture?

So the Chinese branch of this competition is easier than the one in Napoli simply because the ingredients were provided by the sponsors (dough, tomato, cheese). So we mainly judge the dough opening technique (all Neapolitan style slapping), the topping, the shape and the baking. So about the pizza in the picture, you can see it's not correctly round for instance, + the burnt bubble where there's no cheese on the left. You have to focus on the details.
For the Classica category, some participants had great ideas (one had a nice broccoli cream sauce for the base; one made its own goat cheese from Yunnan (the province in north of Thailand); one seafood pizza with very tender octopus...).
I preferred judging the Classica than the Margherita STG  ;)
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress