A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Recharge Plates for the Ooni Koda (or any other pizza oven!)  (Read 858 times)

Offline bod1611

• I Love Pizza!
Recharge Plates for the Ooni Koda (or any other pizza oven!)
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »
Hi,

I've recently bought an Ooni Koda (and hence joined this forum) and was wondering if anyone else had experience of using recharge plates in their Koda or any other pizza oven?  I've seen some Johnjoe Smith rolled steel plates on eBay that sit under the stone and apparently allow the stone to retain most of it's heat therefore taking far less time to heat up between pizzas.  Would be good to get people's views on these before i buy, would be good to not have to wait 5 minutes between pizzas but unsure how effective they really are.

Thanks!

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Recharge Plates for the Ooni Koda (or any other pizza oven!)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »
Not sure but i have always had trouble with the floor overheating. i have seen a saputo floor being used in Italy in that oven. they are 2cm thick by 35.5 centimeters square.

Offline coupster

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »
I'm still working my way up the learning curve on my Koda but I don't have any issues with  consecutive pizza bakes. Also I doubt that there is enough clearance for a secondary plate in the oven in addition to the pizza. There's a company , Baking Steel, in the US that sells a custom steel plate for the Koda. I've got one for my kitchen oven and it does a great job. I think it might be overkill for the Koda.  YMMV.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »
Tonight Iím going to try the koda with two floors stacked. Want to see how it changed the bake. I have a floor ordered from saputo.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 06:01:46 AM »
I find the floor gets too hot and needs to be cooled between pizzas. I use a 11 inch round cast  iron pan to get the back of the stone to 750/ 775 degrees. The koda manual suggests this method.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T