A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Lars

• Greetings from Los Angeles
Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »
I just found out that https://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/ (VPN Americas) is less than a mile from my house, and I must have driven past it a thousand times on my way to Home Depot.
Is anyone familiar with this school?  It seems a bit expensive, and so I will not be signing up for classes, but I wonder if they have any events that I could go to.  Has anyone been to a school like this?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:12:09 PM »
Lars,

Good to see you back after all these years. As soon as I saw your name I recalled that you and I had exchanges on how to make pizzas in a toaster oven. Remember this?:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.msg6394#msg6394

As for your question about the Neapolitan style, this forum has developed a lot of methods and techniques over the years. So you might probe the Neapolitan board to see if there is anything of value to you.

Peter

Offline Lars

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
A lot has changed since I first got information here, and I no longer have to rely on a toaster oven!  That was probably 15 years ago when I lived in Venice (CA), but I have since moved to Westchester (Los Angeles) CA, and we now have a Big Green Egg that I use in place of a wood fired oven.  Also I have a Bertazzoni range with gas oven that makes fairly decent pizza indoors, but not quite as good as the BGE.
I'll check out the Neapolitan board - I had forgotten about that one.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
 Hi Lars, I went to that school a long time ago. I think they have 1,3,and 7 day programs. if you are looking as an enthusiast the one day may be all you need. i took the three day. Peppe Miele ran the school and probably still does. i enjoyed it a lot as this was right at the beginning of my interest in Neapolitan pizza. yes you can get a lot of the same information on our forum, but hands on realy accelerated the learning curve.
 i think they have a relationship with tutabella neapolitan and you work in the store near the school. it was fun,at the time we went it was a full service Neapolitan restaurant and we learned a lot of other skills as well as the pizza related skills.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:39:42 PM by thezaman »

Offline pizzard

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 05:51:13 PM »
I just found out that https://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/ (VPN Americas) is less than a mile from my house, and I must have driven past it a thousand times on my way to Home Depot.
Is anyone familiar with this school?  It seems a bit expensive, and so I will not be signing up for classes, but I wonder if they have any events that I could go to.  Has anyone been to a school like this?

Hi Lars...is this the one located in Marina del Rey?  I believe the owner also owned and operated Antica Pizzeria in the Villa Marina Marketplace.  Yes, I recall the classes are pricey, but I also think you can get a group of friends together and take a class that way...make it a party! 

In the meantime...if you haven't tried Slice and Pint in El Segundo yet...I would recommend it.  Nice neighbor vibe...pizza is as good as we get in this area and lots of beer options, since it is owned by El Segundo Brewing.  Bummed we lost Valentino's in ES on Sepulveda.  Running out of places for good pizza.

Offline Lars

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 11:16:38 PM »
Not in Marina Del Rey - in Westchester, where I live.
I don't get to El Segundo often, but I'll look for Slice and Pint if I find myself there.  We used to go to a wood-fired oven pizza restaurant in Culver City on Washington or Culver Blvd, but unfortunately, it is no longer there.  I still like Abbot's Pizza in Venice, which is down the street from where I used to live, and there is Pizzeria Mozza in Hollywood.

wordpress