A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles  (Read 156 times)

Offline Lars

• Greetings from Los Angeles
Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:16:46 PM »
I just found out that https://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/ (VPN Americas) is less than a mile from my house, and I must have driven past it a thousand times on my way to Home Depot.
Is anyone familiar with this school?  It seems a bit expensive, and so I will not be signing up for classes, but I wonder if they have any events that I could go to.  Has anyone been to a school like this?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:12:09 PM »
Lars,

Good to see you back after all these years. As soon as I saw your name I recalled that you and I had exchanges on how to make pizzas in a toaster oven. Remember this?:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=576.msg6394#msg6394

As for your question about the Neapolitan style, this forum has developed a lot of methods and techniques over the years. So you might probe the Neapolitan board to see if there is anything of value to you.

Peter

Offline Lars

• Greetings from Los Angeles
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
A lot has changed since I first got information here, and I no longer have to rely on a toaster oven!  That was probably 15 years ago when I lived in Venice (CA), but I have since moved to Westchester (Los Angeles) CA, and we now have a Big Green Egg that I use in place of a wood fired oven.  Also I have a Bertazzoni range with gas oven that makes fairly decent pizza indoors, but not quite as good as the BGE.
I'll check out the Neapolitan board - I had forgotten about that one.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:42:03 PM »
 Hi Lars, I went to that school a long time ago. I think they have 1,3,and 7 day programs. if you are looking as an enthusiast the one day may be all you need. i took the three day. Peppe Miele ran the school and probably still does. i enjoyed it a lot as this was right at the beginning of my interest in Neapolitan pizza. yes you can get a lot of the same information on our forum, but hands on realy accelerated the learning curve.
 i think they have a relationship with tutabella neapolitan and you work in the store near the school. it was fun,at the time we went it was a full service Neapolitan restaurant and we learned a lot of other skills as well as the pizza related skills.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:39:42 PM by thezaman »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T