A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Which 3 places in Naples do I have to go to?  (Read 776 times)

Offline niko

• I Love Pizza!
Which 3 places in Naples do I have to go to?
« on: November 20, 2019, 04:19:43 AM »
I hope a question is also ok here.

Anyways, I will be in Naples for 3 days coming January, so if I have to go for 3 Pizzas, which ones are they, what do you guys say?

We will also be in Rome for 2 days, so I'm gladly taking recommendations for that as well

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
Re: Which 3 places in Naples do I have to go to?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »
I hope a question is also ok here.

Anyways, I will be in Naples for 3 days coming January, so if I have to go for 3 Pizzas, which ones are they, what do you guys say?

We will also be in Rome for 2 days, so I'm gladly taking recommendations for that as well

Bonci has two locations in Rome.  One is in the Termini station.  It can be tricky to find, but it is there.  The other is near-ish to the Vatican.  The location near the Vatican had more to choose from, but they were otherwise the same.  As to whether or not you find his crust over-rated, Iíll leave that for you to decide.

If you donít make it to Da Michele in Naples, there is also a location in Rome thatís near the Vatican as well.  Itís located in a childrenís museum.

I also very highly recommend that you go to Antica Salumeria near the Spanish Steps and the Parthenon. 

I didnít make it to Antico Forno Roscioli.  Iíve saved that for a reason to go back!
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:32:17 AM »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:01:32 PM »
Not pizza, but if you don't eat sfogliatelle while in Naples, you are missing one of its most famous treasures. Go once and you will go every day. This was my favorite spot, but it has been more than a few years since I was fortunate enough to be in Naples:

Antico Forno delle Sfogliatelle Calde Fratelli Attanasio

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 03:44:09 PM »
Not pizza, but if you don't eat sfogliatelle while in Naples, you are missing one of its most famous treasures. Go once and you will go every day. This was my favorite spot, but it has been more than a few years since I was fortunate enough to be in Naples:

also consider
https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-sfogliatella-mary-napoli

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
I'd go as far as to say, try as much pastry as you can, it's really outstanding! :)

Try deep fried pizza too!
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline stefan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 05:50:41 PM »
50 Kalo, Enzo Cocchia and Da Michele in Napoli, Rome: definitely Roscioli (not for Pizza but for Cacio e Pepe), Bonci for pizza.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 10:07:18 PM »

I just looked at these. Wow.
-Tony

Offline quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »
you have to book Roscioli before arriving in rome. we were there just before the hype started, loved it.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

Offline niko

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »
50 Kalo, Enzo Cocchia and Da Michele in Napoli, Rome: definitely Roscioli (not for Pizza but for Cacio e Pepe), Bonci for pizza.

Leaving rome right now and we went to both bonci and roscioli. Both were really great, thank you!! On our way to naples now

you have to book Roscioli before arriving in rome. we were there just before the hype started, loved it.

Thanks for telling me. We got away with booking it on the day we went, but if not for your hint, I wouldnt have booked at all I think

wordpress