A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The Top 20 Pizzerias of The Great American Pizza Tour  (Read 385 times)

Offline sliceoflosangeles

• I Love Pizza!
The Top 20 Pizzerias of The Great American Pizza Tour
« on: November 20, 2019, 10:28:43 PM »
This past summer we traveled America in search of great pizza. After 12,000 miles in 22 states and over 100 pizzerias in 53 days these are the top 20 pizzerias that we would most like to revisit
Here’s the link to the list
https://www.instagram.com/p/B44BmWPF0U0/
Wanted to post this here and gather some ideas for the next time around. Let me know what you think

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: The Top 20 Pizzerias of The Great American Pizza Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 07:31:29 AM »
Some good spots but overall a pretty worthless list (as pretty much all of them are), IMO.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Stichus III

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:20:50 AM »
Some good spots but overall a pretty worthless list (as pretty much all of them are), IMO.

I agree.

Maybe this forum should come up with its own list.

Offline classicalthunder

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »
While Pizza Brain is good, I don't think it enters into the convo of top pizzerias in Philly at this point...maybe 8 or 9 years ago, but probably not now...

Maybe its just the teacher in me...but I'm always curious what the criteria is for these rankings.  Personally, I "grade" the breweries i got to on 4 broad categories (taste, vibe, service, likelihood to recommend/return) and then average them together.  These "best of " lists without any criteria discussion just makes me think someone either data scrapped mentions across social media or they were paid some $$ by a marketing firm to include them

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 10:54:13 AM »
The only thing these lists do for me is idle entertainment.  Am I familiar with any of the locations in the list?  Well that's nice that they got included.  I've gone to a couple places that did well on these lists and I've always felt that there are a few joints in my own home town that are better.
--pat--

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress