A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Stoked Pizza Co.  (Read 770 times)

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Stoked Pizza Co.
« on: June 30, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »
Had a great time at Stoked Pizza Co. yesterday evening! Scott R is a really good guy, we talked pizza and music for a long time.

The restaurant has a cool vibe and has a homey atmosphere. The staff is super friendly.

As for the food. First the meatballs….tender, juicy and very flavorful. They were gone before I could get a photo!

We tried three pizzas, cheese, pepperoni and cheeseburger. Scott’s crust is very good so all three pies were too. Not too difficult to guess that the pepperoni was my favorite! The other two were really good too, both were well balanced and tasty.

I can see why there is a wait to get in!

Hans

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
Re: Stoked Pizza Co.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:45:14 AM »
Great photo's, thanks for sharing Hans, pies look fantastic - assuming cooked in an electric oven north of 650 - BTW, where is Stoked Pizza Co. located?
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG and PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 900+F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
Norm, wood fired oven. Stoked is in Brookline (Boston), owned by forum member scott r.

https://www.stokedpizzaco.com
Hans

Offline 2ndtimearound

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:37:29 AM »
Cheryl and I went to Stoked last Sunday. As we walked in we were greeted by the friendly staff. The space is very inviting and oozes coolness. 

On the recommendation of our server Rebecca we ordered the Buffalo wings to start. They were spot on! just the right amount of heat and  buffalo sauce.

Next we ordered 2 pies. Mushroom and caramelized Onion and a Pepperoni with hot honey. The pies were fantastic. The balance of ingredients and flavor was great.  The crust had a nice char and a slight crispiness to them. I wish a had taken a photo.

Although Stoked isn't "right around the corner" for us it's well worth the drive.  We will be making this place part of our regular rotation.

One more thing: The hard milkshakes they make are the perfect beverage to go with pizza an the house make rice crispy treats were a nice surprise.

Thank you Scott and your staff.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 01:12:25 PM »
Thank you!!  I wish I had been in there for your visit and im looking forward to next time.  If anyone wants to come in from PM.com just personal message me a day or two in advance.

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 07:31:14 AM »
Thank you!!  I wish I had been in there for your visit and im looking forward to next time.  If anyone wants to come in from PM.com just personal message me a day or two in advance.
Scott, you probably are not old enough to have been open the last time the US Open was held at The Country Club, in Brookline. It returns, as I’m sure you are aware, in June 2022 (always concludes on Father's Day). Should be a huge week for you. I’ve been out there once a long time ago.Seems like it was the last stop on either a subway or train?

Your pizzas and shop look great. I enjoy reading your posts so it was nice to see your business well reviewed.
-Tony

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 08:24:38 AM »
Tony, this is great news about the US open.   Also, I had no idea that "the country club" was the oldest country club in the United States until I looked it up on wikipedia.   Very cool.   Your memory is correct and brookline is the last few stops on our subway/train system.  In boston its called "the T" and it stops right in front of my restaurant.

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 09:35:54 AM »
Tony, this is great news about the US open.   Also, I had no idea that "the country club" was the oldest country club in the United States until I looked it up on wikipedia.   Very cool.   Your memory is correct and brookline is the last few stops on our subway/train system.  In boston its called "the T" and it stops right in front of my restaurant.
That’s where it all began for US domination in golf. Look for a movie on Golf Channel, if you have it, or as a rental called “The Greatest Game Ever Played.” It’s about the 1913 US Open at Brookline (there have been others since plus the late 90’s Ryder Cup where we came from behind on Sunday to win under Captain Ben Crenshaw’s motivational and brief speech) that was won by a 20 year old caddie who lived across the street named Francis Ouimet, who beat several favored European professionals. It’s a great story even if you are not into golf; even better if you are into Brookline. Golf Channel tends to air it often between now and early January when there are not many big tournaments going on.
-Tony

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »
So cool, I had no idea about any of this.  Will check it out.

wordpress