A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Flammekueche protocol and recipe ?  (Read 246 times)

Offline fckace

• I Love Pizza!
Flammekueche protocol and recipe ?
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »
Hello guys,
I want to try Flammekueche in my pizza party gas oven.
Do you have a protocol and recipe to share ? (ingredients, proportion, dough ball weight, temperature of the oven, baking time, etc).
Thanks !!!

Offline Rolls

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Flammekueche protocol and recipe ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 09:32:50 PM »
This recipe is from Jacquy Pfeiffer - an Alsatian chef and co-founder of The French Pastry School in Chicago, as printed in his book The Art of French Pastry:
    Crust
    • Water  335g
    • Yeast  7.5g
    • All-purpose Flour  500 g
    • Sea salt  11g
    • Canola Oil  25g

Topping
    • Creme fraiche  385g
    • All-purpose flour  25g
    • Egg yolks  25g
    • Groung nutmeg  Pinch
    • Sea salt to taste
    • Black pepper  To taste
    • Yellow onions  300-360g
    • Thick cut bacon  8 strips
    Method

Make dough, adjusting water temperature such that the temperature of the room (fixed) + the temperature of the flour (fixed) + the temperature of the water (variable) = 65C.  After mixing the dough, ferment in a warm place for 1 hour and then portion into 8 pieces weighing about 100g each.  Roll each dough ball into a 12 inch disk and cover with cling film.  Stack all the covered disks on top of each other, inserting a piece of parchment or wax paper in between layers.  Wrap the whole stack with more cling film and freeze.  Preheat oven to 260C one hour before baking.  Whisk topping ingredients together (except onions and bacon) and dress a pizza disk with some of the mixture.  The sliced onions and bacon are placed on top and the pizza is baked for about 5 minutes.  The dough should be frozen when placed in oven.

Rolls

"I'm sure it's good... I just have the palate of a toddler."   - DreamingOfPizza

Offline fckace

• I Love Pizza!
    Re: Flammekueche protocol and recipe ?
    « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
    This recipe is from Jacquy Pfeiffer - an Alsatian chef and co-founder of The French Pastry School in Chicago, as printed in his book The Art of French Pastry:
      Crust
      • Water  335g
      • Yeast  7.5g
      • All-purpose Flour  500 g
      • Sea salt  11g
      • Canola Oil  25g

Topping
      • Creme fraiche  385g
      • All-purpose flour  25g
      • Egg yolks  25g
      • Groung nutmeg  Pinch
      • Sea salt to taste
      • Black pepper  To taste
      • Yellow onions  300-360g
      • Thick cut bacon  8 strips
      Method

Make dough, adjusting water temperature such that the temperature of the room (fixed) + the temperature of the flour (fixed) + the temperature of the water (variable) = 65C.  After mixing the dough, ferment in a warm place for 1 hour and then portion into 8 pieces weighing about 100g each.  Roll each dough ball into a 12 inch disk and cover with cling film.  Stack all the covered disks on top of each other, inserting a piece of parchment or wax paper in between layers.  Wrap the whole stack with more cling film and freeze.  Preheat oven to 260C one hour before baking.  Whisk topping ingredients together (except onions and bacon) and dress a pizza disk with some of the mixture.  The sliced onions and bacon are placed on top and the pizza is baked for about 5 minutes.  The dough should be frozen when placed in oven.

Rolls

Amazing thanks !!! I'll post the results next week  :D

[/list]

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress