A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Got my cutter pans!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Got my cutter pans!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 06:38:41 PM »
Jonas- Is there a trick to getting a crispy bottom crust while keeping the pizza in the pan the entire time?  I tried out one of those cutter pans this weekend and the bottom didnít cook very well.  I had to take it out and put it on the steel, which then came out nice.
Have to ask. Do you oil the pan ? I do and great crisp bottom. Oh so many variables.
Marty

Offline jsaras

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »
Jonas- Is there a trick to getting a crispy bottom crust while keeping the pizza in the pan the entire time?  I tried out one of those cutter pans this weekend and the bottom didnít cook very well.  I had to take it out and put it on the steel, which then came out nice.

You may have to experiment with rack location.  I get good results with the pan in the center until the bottom has a decent amount of browning.  I them move it to the highest rack (about 8-inches from the top) to finish, sometimes with a bit of broiler action.  And yes, I oil the pan. 
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ATLBob

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 08:56:37 PM »
You may have to experiment with rack location.  I get good results with the pan in the center until the bottom has a decent amount of browning.  I them move it to the highest rack (about 8-inches from the top) to finish, sometimes with a bit of broiler action.  And yes, I oil the pan.

1st attempt was on the bottom.  Iíll try the middle and a little bit more oil next time.  Thanks!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 10:15:55 PM »
Many folks par bake the crust. And many pizza joints where I'm from cooked totally in the pan and their bottom crust would be soft and tender, light blond in color. One could very easily fold a square piece in half an chow down!    :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline renchero

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »
Yeah. My Chicago thins were always square and bendy. And chock-full of Italian sausage.

Yes. Drool is the right emoji ChicagoBob!
My friends say I am the best pizza maker there is.  But I know better.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 10:36:45 PM »
Yeah. And chock-full of Italian sausage.

👍🏼🍻 :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"