A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Just started with a mobile oven and have 1 big question!!  (Read 742 times)

Offline Michiel

• Passion for Pizza
Just started with a mobile oven and have 1 big question!!
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:15:21 AM »
Guys,

I have a party in a few weeks where I need to put out 10 pizzas right at the beginning.
My oven only can handle 2 pizzas at a time. I can make 10 pizzas before but how do I keep them warm (it will be cold outside) and make them ready to dish out when it's time?? :-\?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Just started with a mobile oven and have 1 big question!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 07:44:59 PM »
What style of pizza and what type of oven... approx. how many pies total expected for this event?
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline parkerdonat

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »
Try using a warming counter. I am in the works of making my own DIY warming counter. It is basically a large skillet. About 150-250 degrees. I found the idea from this video:

Best of luck!

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »
I've done all kinds of events on 2 Blackstone ovens over the last year.

some things that I've learned that help are-

-be more flexible in style, I started wtih thin and crispy style only. This works great when I'm selling whole pies one by one, like at a brewey pop-up. I leared this style is not suited to catering events where I'm offering pizza 'buffet' style. It doesn't hold well and is best eaten piping hot. I've learned to do Roman pinsa/pala/teglia/tonda styles that are suited to par baking the skin then cooling, topping and refiring. They hold well and are suited to topping combnitaions that serve well less that piping hot.

-suit the service to what i can do. I've really had to think about what the actual contraints are for the event. For buffet service lesut s is really needed to kick it off. If the 'show' of making pizza is fun and visible people are happily wait as I keep up.

-If I'm worried I can't keep up I premake some Roman styles with topping that are appropriate room temp (prosciutto and arugula; mortadell, burrata, and pistachio pesto; Pizza bianca/rosa) 

- For catering buffet I add some items to keep them busy as the pizza comes out. Salad, garlic bread, veggies/hummus, olives, antipasti, chicken wings, whatever. Pizza is my focus but a little salad/fruitw/proscuiutto/olives/marniated veggies goes a long way to keeping people interested.

-If you are set on hot holding pizza and your budget affords hot plates and warmer boxes work well, but certainly comprimise quality. Even pizza boxes and delivery bags will get you 30-40 minutes at serving temp. Rouge Pizza on instagram recently posted his reulsts using this method.

-lastly, relax it's pizza, it makes everyone happy.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress