A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Papa John's Parbake  (Read 618 times)

Offline exchicagogal

• I Love Pizza!
Papa John's Parbake
« on: December 17, 2019, 10:58:56 PM »
Hi!

I typically make the Papa John's 8-hour recipe. I'll be hosting guests for the holiday this weekend and wanted to make about 6 pizzas ahead of time. I was wondering if I could bake the pizza on the steel for maybe 5 or 6 minutes (until the pizza is fully cooked but not fully browned on the crust or cheese) and then refrigerate the pizza the night before. Then, I would reheat until the pizza is to its desired done-ness the next day during the party.

Would this work? Does anyone have a method for making this many pizzas ahead of time? What would potential downsides?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Papa John's Parbake
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »
Sounds fun Cgal....I believe I would bring them back up to temp in a lil lower oven setting and then finish your top Browning with some high heat, maybe even the broiler. That final stage you will want to watch the first pie or 2 like a hawk, allowing you to figure out your timing for the rest of the pizzas. 🍕
Hope this helps... Jus an idea.  ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline IEatPizzaByThePie

• Everybody knows the rules.
Re: Papa John's Parbake
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »
Hi!

I typically make the Papa John's 8-hour recipe. I'll be hosting guests for the holiday this weekend and wanted to make about 6 pizzas ahead of time. I was wondering if I could bake the pizza on the steel for maybe 5 or 6 minutes (until the pizza is fully cooked but not fully browned on the crust or cheese) and then refrigerate the pizza the night before. Then, I would reheat until the pizza is to its desired done-ness the next day during the party.

Would this work? Does anyone have a method for making this many pizzas ahead of time? What would potential downsides?

Thanks in advance!

If you have the pans and refrigerator space, I would opt for doing a bulk ferment at room temp for a few hours, then portion/roll/pan the crusts to cold ferment in the refrigerator overnight. Pull them out for at least an hour when ready to bake the following day.
"Who the hell eats two cookies? I eat Fig Newtons by the sleeve. Two sleeves is a serving size!"

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress