A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Xian/Biang Biang Noodles  (Read 295 times)

Offline hotsawce

Xian/Biang Biang Noodles
« on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Xian Famous Foods hand pulled noodles but haven't tried making them at home yet. From what I understand, they are just AP flour, salt, and water.

Would anyone have any idea what "hydration" these might be mixed at? All of the recipes I've seen measure in cups but for consistency, the hydration can probably be calculated just like pizza dough.

From what I understand they are portioned to about 100g.

For anyone who hasn't tried these, I strongly suggest it!

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
Re: Xian/Biang Biang Noodles
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Xian Famous Foods hand pulled noodles but haven't tried making them at home yet. From what I understand, they are just AP flour, salt, and water.

Would anyone have any idea what "hydration" these might be mixed at? All of the recipes I've seen measure in cups but for consistency, the hydration can probably be calculated just like pizza dough.

From what I understand they are portioned to about 100g.

For anyone who hasn't tried these, I strongly suggest it!

Not sure about the particular noodles you are trying to make.  But if it is any help, my Ramen noodles are 40% HR and my Udon are at 46% HR.

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
Practice makes pizza

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member

Online quietdesperation

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Xian/Biang Biang Noodles
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
I was after my kids to work at the location by our apt just so we could learn to make their dishes at home. no takers  :(
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" - the hobbit, jrr tolkien

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress