A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Another interesting video (in Italian)  (Read 272 times)

Offline amolapizza

• If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Another interesting video (in Italian)
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:54:53 AM »
I found this video with Enzo Coccia the other day: https://www.ilmattino.it/video/primopiano/come_fare_la_pizza_napoletana_senza_bruciarla-150423.html

Unfortunately it's in Italian, but it explains and shows a couple of interesting things I've never seen before.  Hopefully it's useful anyways to some of you.

One thing I've never read before is that the bottom of the pizza cooks through conduction, the cornicione through radiation, and the toppings through convection heat.  He also says not to dome the pizza too high, as that will smoke it.

He also shows how to clean the WFO with a humid towel and the mouth with a paper towel and some oil.

He says the perfect temperature for Neapolitan is about 490-500C in the back of the oven.

It's also interesting to see how they cook just the skin with no toppings at all.  He says they do that in his school in order to teach what happens with excess of flour and what happens when you move a pizza to a previously unused position.
Jack,

Effeuno P134H (1700W upper element), EGO 500C Thermostat (upper), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Sacorosso, Mutti Pelati Bio.

Offline Arne_Jervell

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Another interesting video (in Italian)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 12:01:45 PM »
Thanks for the link, very interesting video!  :)

Offline amolapizza

• If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Re: Another interesting video (in Italian)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 02:19:44 PM »
It's a pity that they cut so much, they start to show an example of cooking and often don't show the result. :(  Still a nice discussion for those that can understand, and otherwise probably instructive to watch.

I sometimes make practice sessions. I make a dough and let it rise, then I extend the panetti and practice getting them on the peel and launching them.  I think I'm gonna start cooking them white like that.  I've tried before and had them blow up and get black both above and below.  Now that I know it can be done, I'm gonna see if I can't make my oven do the same.
Jack,

Effeuno P134H (1700W upper element), EGO 500C Thermostat (upper), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Sacorosso, Mutti Pelati Bio.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress