A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The Dangerous Sicilian  (Read 643 times)

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
The Dangerous Sicilian
« on: January 12, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Sicilian steel pans from Italy. Seasoned them. Sliced some Boar's Head Pepperoni that cupped nicely.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

Re: The Dangerous Sicilian
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
Page 2
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 04:46:24 PM »
Page 3
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 04:53:39 PM »
Made some with regular pepperoni, onion, green pepper and mushroom and regular pepperoni only
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline jvp123

• Supporting Member
  • Trying to make my perfect pizza ...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 06:33:03 PM »
Made some with regular pepperoni, onion, green pepper and mushroom and regular pepperoni only

Nice Sicilian, Dangerous!  :chef:  Yours looks thinner than mine which I'd like to try.

Mind if I ask your technique for getting it to fit the pan?   I'm used to working with quite a bit of dough so I'd imagine working with a smaller amount would be challenging.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 06:35:00 PM by jvp123 »
Jeff

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 08:55:05 AM »
Nice Sicilian, Dangerous!  :chef:  Yours looks thinner than mine which I'd like to try.

Mind if I ask your technique for getting it to fit the pan?   I'm used to working with quite a bit of dough so I'd imagine working with a smaller amount would be challenging.

Thanks. We raise the dough in the pan with plenty of oil as is typical of Sicilian. We stretch it 3 times during the rise.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:03:12 AM by Dangerous Salumi »
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline mbison81

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 02:21:41 PM »
Looks great, what's the thickness factor? And would you mind sharing at what temperature, and time are you cooking this guys?

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »
Looks great, what's the thickness factor? And would you mind sharing at what temperature, and time are you cooking this guys?

It's around 1.6 and 550, My oven has 2 stones and a steel plate. The pie is baked on the bottom stone and top stone for a total of about 15 minutes. You'll have to figure out how your set up works since it probably different than mine.
Have a Dangerous day!