A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: All Trumps Unbromated/Unbleached - Inconsistencies?  (Read 230 times)

Offline wb54885

• provare per credere
All Trumps Unbromated/Unbleached - Inconsistencies?
« on: January 13, 2020, 07:22:07 PM »
Hi all, curious about how often folks who are going through large quantities of 50-lb bags of All Trumps have problems with certain lots/batches.

Iíve been going through about 6 bags a week for three months, and just a couple weeks ago started having batches of dough come off the hook softer than normal, that then struggle to tighten up when balling and end up super extensible after only 24 hours in ball, feeling wetter than normal and with hardly any oven spring. Iím only at 64% hydration and getting tight dough balls hasnít been a problem til now, and with these last few bags it feels like Iím at 70+.

Iím thinking I have the situation tied to certain lot #s, but I also understand that General Mills is likely to produce some of the more consistent product out there. So I was curious how often other people have noticed changes across the All trumps line, specifically Unbromated if anyone has that experience. I want to be sure Iím isolating the right variables in identifying whether the change is the flour or other in-house factors.
Every oven is a law unto itself and only itself.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: All Trumps Unbromated/Unbleached - Inconsistencies?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »
Which A.T. flour are you using: #50143; #50121; or #50111?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline wb54885

• provare per credere
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »
50143ĖUnbleached, Unbromated
Every oven is a law unto itself and only itself.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 12:32:48 AM »
In your dough formula,what type of yeast are you using and how are you adding it.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress