A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Popolare (Big Mamma) in Paris, France  (Read 207 times)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Popolare (Big Mamma) in Paris, France
« on: January 16, 2020, 05:45:08 AM »
It deserves a review on the forum.

So it's been a while I wanted to go to one of their stores, but living in China it wasn't easy from the logistic  ;D
So I finally went there during my last trip in France (https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=60159.new#new), and it met my expectations.

The group owns around 10 stores in Paris, their motto: good food like in Neaples with direct import.
They started with a 5€ Margherita which is now at 9€ (sob...). Each store has a different name and decoration, but I think they all make the same menu. The staff is 80% Italian.
It's crowded, we waited around 20 min to get in (1H seems to be the standard for the evening).

Pros: the food is good, the desserts are huge, the olive oil on the table delicious, the staff is nice even under pressure. The pizzas of course are very good (although we just tried the 4-cheeses).
Cons: we had a side dish which was a little small for the price (7€ for some kind of potato "crocchè" (croquette (?), good but not wonderful); the pasta dish was also a little bit small.

I like their concept a lot.

For more info and addresses: http://bigmammagroup.com/.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Michiel

• Passion for Pizza
Re: Popolare (Big Mamma) in Paris, France
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »
Went for work 3 months ago to Paris and didn't find time to visit a good pizzeria.
However, I'm planning to go back again with my GF since it's only a 4 hour drive.

Are there any other pizzerias that you can advice me to go too in Paris?

Thanks!

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »
I'll be in Paris in May.  I might try this place

Jerry

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:14:16 PM »
I'll be in Paris in May.  I might try this place

Jerry
Gonna fish La Seine?  ;D
-Tony

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:33 PM »
Went for work 3 months ago to Paris and didn't find time to visit a good pizzeria.
However, I'm planning to go back again with my GF since it's only a 4 hour drive.

Are there any other pizzerias that you can advice me to go too in Paris?

Thanks!

I didn't go to any other pizzeria myself, but a friend of mine told me about "Pizza Julia" at La Bastille. It's a small place though, more for takeaway. About Big Mamma's group restaurants, I wanted to try "La Felicità", it's a 4500sqm food court, they also make pizza in teglia there. The place seems quite amazing!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

A D V E R T I S E M E N T