A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: KAF crispy pan pizza, recipe of year 2020  (Read 484 times)

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
KAF crispy pan pizza, recipe of year 2020
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:39:02 PM »
My catalog from KAF had this recipe, Crispy Cheese Pan Pizza, as the recipe of the year 2020. Well I had to try it. Fairly easy and I was happy with the results.
https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/crispy-cheesy-pan-pizza-recipe
It goes together easily and your done working with the dough in about 30 minutes. 40 minute rest then CF. I think it would be great to do with kids because no machines and a short prep time.
My wife liked it and it went fairly fast, so that means a good report. Lighter than I expected. Very airy. There is a warning about over loading and I can see why based on the lightness of the internal dough structure. Fun to try.

Marty

Offline MarkC

• I love Pizza
Re: KAF crispy pan pizza, recipe of year 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Thanks for sharing this!  This is a FANTASTIC recipe and KAF did a great job of introducing advanced concepts (high-hydration dough, stretch & fold, CF) in a way that any home baker can accomplish.  :chef:

I decided to follow the recipe exactly as written (even though I was tempted to tweak things a bit) and it turned out phenomenal.  A big, doughy crust that's crunchy on the outside and practically weightless on the inside.  I did have a cast-iron skillet.

If anyone is struggling with making an awesome pizza, please try this recipe.  It's pretty damn impressive.   ;D

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Hans

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress