A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Home Run Inn Success and Final Formulation  (Read 231317 times)

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
Re: Home Run Inn Success and Final Formulation
« Reply #900 on: April 19, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
I guess that HRI is dead to most of you. But I figured that I'd make one and share.

Long story short: I used the original Loo Waters recipe (Pythonic w/shortening next) but replaced 20% of corn oil with butter. It was a complete wing, with too many adjustments on the fly to replicate, but 425 G ball, rolled to 13", formed and pre baked @500 (Steel) for 4 min. Cooled for 15 min: 5 Oz sauce, 10 Oz cheese, 6 Oz Sausage, 1 Oz onion, 3 Oz mushroom.

16 min total bake with ingredients.

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #901 on: April 19, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I didn't upload this one from my phone, and this is the money shot for HRI.

D3 said it reminded her of HRI. I've got a super cold and can't tell anything. Crust was nice and biscuity. Warm bulk ferment for 5, to fridge for 15, then ball and rise for 5 before building the pizza.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:07:02 PM by Francois.du.nord »

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #902 on: April 26, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »
Everything about that pizza looks great, nice bake, color and crust looks good too

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #903 on: April 30, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
Thanks PG. Pythonic and I wrangled butter crust half a dozen years ago, but I got away from it. I've been making meh pies for a while, I needed some inspiration so now I'm back at it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #904 on: April 30, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese needs higher fat content to lessen the browned bits.....ilove my cheese crisps but this example is in need of a tweak or 2...jus saying.
I'd sure as he'll hit it though...nice work man !   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #905 on: April 30, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese...browned bits.....

Any combo of lower oven temp, longer bake, different position in oven (lower in oven will cook dough more and toppings less).  500 sounds too high.  I don't understand the parbaked crust, since literally no pizza shop does this.

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #906 on: April 30, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Any combo of lower oven temp, longer bake, different position in oven (lower in oven will cook dough more and toppings less).  500 sounds too high.  I don't understand the parbaked crust, since literally no pizza shop does this.

Never order a pizza in St. Louis, it's horrifying.

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #907 on: May 01, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese needs higher fat content to lessen the browned bits.....ilove my cheese crisps but this example is in need of a tweak or 2...jus saying.
I'd sure as he'll hit it though...nice work man !   :chef:

Thanks for the pointers CBob!  I used some of the Sargento 3 cheese mix Moz, Provalone, Smoked Provalone mixed with Kraft low moisture part skim moz. 

500 was supposed to be the preheat...I forgot to set the oven back for baking  :-\

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #908 on: May 02, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
Sargento was never able to take me where I was trying to go....Sorrento, on the other hand was much superior.... that is now sold under the Galbani brand.
Wal-Mart low moisture/part skim works for me too....so what do I knows!!  Haha....

Offline pizzard

« Reply #909 on: May 11, 2019, 11:34:56 PM »
Just an fyi...my favorite mozzarella is Target's Market Pantry label ...made in Wisconsin.  I find it has what is lacking in most mozzarella cheese that I find at the grocery store.  Trader Joe's whole milk mozzarella is also quite good.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #910 on: May 13, 2019, 12:11:07 PM »
Just an fyi...my favorite mozzarella is Target's Market Pantry label ...made in Wisconsin.  I find it has what is lacking in most mozzarella cheese that I find at the grocery store.  Trader Joe's whole milk mozzarella is also quite good.

Does it taste like white cheddar? There's one brand of mozzarella made in WI that I have easy access to that has a definite white cheddar vibe to it.
the proof is in the pizza

Offline pizzard

« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2019, 12:38:09 PM »
Does it taste like white cheddar? There's one brand of mozzarella made in WI that I have easy access to that has a definite white cheddar vibe to it.

No, flavor is mild and buttery, but it is more about the stretch and texture.  I live in California, so probably get mostly California mozzarella when buying at the grocery store...Trader Joe's and Target have cheese from Wisconsin.

One last thing...I leave the cheese out for a while to come to room temperature before I bake with it.  If I use cold cheese it is more prone to burning vs. melting.

Offline colebg

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #912 on: July 03, 2019, 08:44:30 PM »
all these recipes use ady and according to there q&a on there site they use cake yeast

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #913 on: July 05, 2019, 12:15:31 AM »
all these recipes use ady and according to there q&a on there site they use cake yeast

Bakers yeast is bakers yeast.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #914 on: July 05, 2019, 12:28:15 AM »
Back in the day pizza shops used "fresh" blocks of cake yeast...i doubt HRI still uses that.

Ady or Icy will work jus fine...I've made many of these.
Great Chicago pizza!  8)

wordpress