A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Home Run Inn Success and Final Formulation  (Read 228481 times)

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
Re: Home Run Inn Success and Final Formulation
« Reply #900 on: April 19, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
I guess that HRI is dead to most of you. But I figured that I'd make one and share.

Long story short: I used the original Loo Waters recipe (Pythonic w/shortening next) but replaced 20% of corn oil with butter. It was a complete wing, with too many adjustments on the fly to replicate, but 425 G ball, rolled to 13", formed and pre baked @500 (Steel) for 4 min. Cooled for 15 min: 5 Oz sauce, 10 Oz cheese, 6 Oz Sausage, 1 Oz onion, 3 Oz mushroom.

16 min total bake with ingredients.

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #901 on: April 19, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I didn't upload this one from my phone, and this is the money shot for HRI.

D3 said it reminded her of HRI. I've got a super cold and can't tell anything. Crust was nice and biscuity. Warm bulk ferment for 5, to fridge for 15, then ball and rise for 5 before building the pizza.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 10:07:02 PM by Francois.du.nord »

Offline PizzaGarage

« Reply #902 on: April 26, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »
Everything about that pizza looks great, nice bake, color and crust looks good too

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #903 on: April 30, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
Thanks PG. Pythonic and I wrangled butter crust half a dozen years ago, but I got away from it. I've been making meh pies for a while, I needed some inspiration so now I'm back at it.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #904 on: April 30, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese needs higher fat content to lessen the browned bits.....ilove my cheese crisps but this example is in need of a tweak or 2...jus saying.
I'd sure as he'll hit it though...nice work man !   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #905 on: April 30, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese...browned bits.....

Any combo of lower oven temp, longer bake, different position in oven (lower in oven will cook dough more and toppings less).  500 sounds too high.  I don't understand the parbaked crust, since literally no pizza shop does this.

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #906 on: April 30, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
Any combo of lower oven temp, longer bake, different position in oven (lower in oven will cook dough more and toppings less).  500 sounds too high.  I don't understand the parbaked crust, since literally no pizza shop does this.

Never order a pizza in St. Louis, it's horrifying.

Offline Francois.du.nord

• Crust rules
« Reply #907 on: May 01, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »
Gum layer.....cheese needs higher fat content to lessen the browned bits.....ilove my cheese crisps but this example is in need of a tweak or 2...jus saying.
I'd sure as he'll hit it though...nice work man !   :chef:

Thanks for the pointers CBob!  I used some of the Sargento 3 cheese mix Moz, Provalone, Smoked Provalone mixed with Kraft low moisture part skim moz. 

500 was supposed to be the preheat...I forgot to set the oven back for baking  :-\

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #908 on: May 02, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
Sargento was never able to take me where I was trying to go....Sorrento, on the other hand was much superior.... that is now sold under the Galbani brand.
Wal-Mart low moisture/part skim works for me too....so what do I knows!!  Haha....
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline pizzard

« Reply #909 on: May 11, 2019, 11:34:56 PM »
Just an fyi...my favorite mozzarella is Target's Market Pantry label ...made in Wisconsin.  I find it has what is lacking in most mozzarella cheese that I find at the grocery store.  Trader Joe's whole milk mozzarella is also quite good.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #910 on: May 13, 2019, 12:11:07 PM »
Just an fyi...my favorite mozzarella is Target's Market Pantry label ...made in Wisconsin.  I find it has what is lacking in most mozzarella cheese that I find at the grocery store.  Trader Joe's whole milk mozzarella is also quite good.

Does it taste like white cheddar? There's one brand of mozzarella made in WI that I have easy access to that has a definite white cheddar vibe to it.
the proof is in the pizza