A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Expo 2020 ***POSTPONED***  (Read 366 times)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Pizza Expo 2020 ***POSTPONED***
« on: March 12, 2020, 02:22:20 PM »
March 12, 2020

Int値 Pizza Expo & Int値 Artisan Bakery Expo/Postponement Announcement

The health and safety of each and every member of our community and our staff is of the utmost importance to us. After closely monitoring the risk and impact of COVID-19 on a daily basis, and speaking at length with members of our community, Int値 Pizza Expo and Int値 Artisan Bakery Expo, which had been scheduled for March 31- April 2, 2020, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, has been postponed to June. The two events will now take place Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28, 2020 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.

The recent developments regarding COVID-19, including, but not limited to, the declaration by the WHO of COVID-19 as a pandemic, the accelerating pace of confirmed cases worldwide and domestically, the current quarantines and travel restrictions imposed by government authorities affecting participating companies, various company-imposed travel restrictions on employees and the cancellation of several key Int値 Pizza Expo and Int値 Artisan Bakery Expo customers, partners and speakers, made it impossible to effectively execute a March event that delivers the level of education, connection, and customer value our community expects. Driven by our responsibility to produce a great event and best serve the interests of our community, we made the decision to postpone the events until June 2020.

Our mission is providing networking and educational opportunities for independent pizzerias and their suppliers. This priority is the driving force behind our commitment to produce a June show that meets the expectations of our community.

We are focused on continuing to serve our industry, creating ways to connect and working closely with our communities, to provide the necessary support and information to prepare them for successful June 2020 shows.

We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Int値 Pizza Expo and Int値 Artisan Bakery Expo and thank you in advance for your understanding. The information on our website will be promptly updated and further announcements regarding the June 26 -28, 2020 edition will be posted in due course.

For all Attendees and Speakers, we wish to assure you that your registration and participation is unchanged and valid for the June 26-28, 2020, edition of Int値 Pizza Expo and Int値 Artisan Bakery Expo. You can also expect a full FAQ list later this week, which may help address any and all other questions that come with date change logistics. We look forward to welcoming you at the upcoming show.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Pizza Expo 2020 ***POSTPONED***
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 02:46:31 PM »
This was a very smart move on their part especially when considering the C-19 situation in Italy and Europe, not to mention Asia as well as progression along the entire West cost of the U.S. Always better to be safe than sorry.
Hopefully this thing will be behind us by the end of June!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline jsaras

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 03:18:03 PM »
IMO hysteria and stupidity spread infinitely faster than any biolgocal virus.  The regular flu has already killed more than 18,000 in the US this year, yet the media isn稚 having fainting spells over it. 

Thankfully, I have other business in Las Vegas that day, but I値l have nothing to do for ten hours that day because of the time of my departing flight.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
This fiasco has probably ruined any chance of me going to the Vegas Expo this year.
I cant even get through to the airline to try cancel and refund my ticket. I think I can only reschedule and I don't think I can make it on the new date. Probably a loss.
I can't imagine they will be able to squeeze the classes into the shortened dates either.

If you want to go to Vegas March 30 - April 2 Bally's rooms are going for $10/night now.
Have a Dangerous day!

典hey say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
Yesterday I got an email from American Airlines that read as follows:

We appreciate your patience

Not traveling in the next few days?
To allow our Reservations team to focus on customers with immediate needs, we are asking those who do not have travel within the next 72 hours to wait until closer to your trip before contacting us.

We recognize this could be frustrating and we are working to support all our customers.

Peter

Online halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 11:40:07 AM »
Yesterday I got an email from American Airlines that read as follows:

We appreciate your patience

Not traveling in the next few days?
To allow our Reservations team to focus on customers with immediate needs, we are asking those who do not have travel within the next 72 hours to wait until closer to your trip before contacting us.

We recognize this could be frustrating and we are working to support all our customers.

Peter
I got that email also but for my europe trip May 8th

We are rescheduling to October

Jerry

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 02:29:12 PM »
And now it's canceled, no Pizza Expo in 2020, see you in 2021.

Ira

Offline Gene in Acadiana

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:44:40 PM »
IMO hysteria and stupidity spread infinitely faster than any biolgocal virus.  The regular flu has already killed more than 18,000 in the US this year, yet the media isn稚 having fainting spells over it. 

Are you trying to prove your point by your own example? Come on down to Louisiana if you think this is all a big, overblown media hoax.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 07:25:45 PM »
Are you trying to prove your point by your own example? Come on down to Louisiana if you think this is all a big, overblown media hoax.

I'm just reacting to the published data that is available to anyone to read.  Read Dr. Anthony Fauci's article published in the New England Journal of Medicine yesterday.  He admits that this may turn out to be less lethal than the seasonal flu: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387?fbclid=IwAR1xlbq51f0hhnGEuyFTYOMnWehn7nIf_Rk8KA_uu0ShPoQSlK3pm-umt1s

The UK's Neil Ferguson has revised his prediction of 500,000 potential deaths  in the UK (which he made just a few weeks ago) down to under 20,000, and most of those people would likely die from other causes anyway by the end of the year:  https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/?fbclid=IwAR2YPDzzK6bQw7zy23FBGGzVPiFdoCZTNzIN3zj74c3nbOO7uG2xf6SfFt8

And here's a Harvard study which indicates that one-time interventions (shutting down the economy) have no appreciable impact on slowing the spread of Covid-19:https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.22.20041079v1?fbclid=IwAR2jENh42UysrjNJC35tUp496N8cB1UKmK1FBC7A7VY8jrSI4lvi8U79EzU

The number of reported cases is somewhat meaningless as there is no reliable data because of the limited amount of testing that has been conducted.  Many millions be carrying it and be asymptomatic.  The only 塗ard number we have are dead bodies, and even those cannot all be fully attributed to the virus as the cause of death.  Unless you have a reliable numerator and denominator, you cannot accurately calculate a mortality rate.  You can account for that using the voodoo science that is statistics, and depending upon how you run the numbers, the data can vary by a magnitude of five in either direction.

I don't know the first thing about Louisiana, but factors like the average age of the population, preexisting health conditions, population density, the normal "social distance" and the interaction between young and old are to be taken into consideration. 

Regards,
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16:13 PM »
I'm just reacting to the published data that is available to anyone to read. 
  it's that simple.... there are always folks that seem to like to make the simple; complex.  :-\
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"