A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Recipe for Stanislaus goodies  (Read 347 times)

Offline jlijoi

• I Love Pizza!
Recipe for Stanislaus goodies
« on: March 14, 2020, 01:48:49 PM »
Hey gang,

I was able to snag three cans of Stanislaus tomato products. Full-red pizza sauce, saporito pizza sauce and a can of 7/11.  Any suggestions on sauce recipes for New York or grandma style pies? Plan on throwing one in the oven for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!

Offline jsaras

Re: Recipe for Stanislaus goodies
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »
Full Red is a fully prepared sauce, so you'll either like it or you won't.  Saporito is thickened and already has basil.  For 7/11 I'd taste it straight first.  If it needs salt, I'd start with 16 grams.  I'd also add 4 basil leaves and you're good to go.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »
One thing I have started doing with 7/11 or Tomato Magic is making a pizza sauce that in 50% run through the food mill and 50% right out of the can. For the amount of pizza I'm making that's like about a quarter can milled and a quarter can straight with salt to taste.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »
Its hard to nail down full red.    Not only are there many versions, but I have actually seen regional variations over the years.   I have encountered a few Stanislaus products that aren't even on their website.  Full red fully prepared pizza sauce is the only version of full red that I know of with oil, herbs, garlic, etc and is a ready to use sauce.  There is also full red pizza sauce which is just tomatoes.  There are also a number of other variations of full red that are a pureed product with various viscosities.   I think they use full red as a broad term in their line to denote a pureed tomato.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:50:36 PM by scott r »

Offline jlijoi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 03:16:23 PM »
Thanks all. Each of the cans lists the same ingredients. Tomatoes, salt and naturally derived citric acid. If it had other ingredients, i.e. basil, wouldn’t it be listed?

Offline jsaras

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
Thanks all. Each of the cans lists the same ingredients. Tomatoes, salt and naturally derived citric acid. If it had other ingredients, i.e. basil, wouldn’t it be listed?
Basil would be listed if present in the product
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 05:38:33 PM »
Hey gang,

I was able to snag three cans of Stanislaus tomato products. Full-red pizza sauce, saporito pizza sauce and a can of 7/11.  Any suggestions on sauce recipes for New York or grandma style pies? Plan on throwing one in the oven for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!

7/11 straight from the can. The pepperoni (or what ever meat product topping you chose to use) has salt and your dough should have some too.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

wordpress