A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: How do I modify my pizza making if I have active dry yeast for bread machines?  (Read 424 times)

Offline Re4otiare

I could only find this in the store due to current circumstances.

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
What yeast is it exactly  here the yeast advertise for bread machines is instant dried yeast, where you add it to flour

active dry you are meant to activate in water

Offline Re4otiare

The jar says "Yeast for bread machines - active dry". When I bought it,  there was a different jar nearby that said it was for bread machines also,  but it said "instant dry."

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • In Memoriam
  • In Memoriam 12/2020
    • Dough Doctor
If you have ADY pre-hydrate and activate it prior to addition to the dough. Put the ADY in about 5 times its weight of 100F water (use a thermometer), stir to suspend the yeast in the water and allow to activate for 10-minutes, then stir well and add to the dough water, rinse out the container in the dough water too and you're ready to go.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Re4otiare

If you have ADY pre-hydrate and activate it prior to addition to the dough. Put the ADY in about 5 times its weight of 100F water (use a thermometer), stir to suspend the yeast in the water and allow to activate for 10-minutes, then stir well and add to the dough water, rinse out the container in the dough water too and you're ready to go.

So if I'm reading this right,  I  can use this bread machine ADY in the same way as I would normal ADY?

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • In Memoriam
  • In Memoriam 12/2020
    • Dough Doctor
Yes.

wordpress