A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bread recipe using Caputo  (Read 143 times)

Offline DaveB

• I Love Pizza!
Bread recipe using Caputo
« on: March 24, 2020, 03:35:18 AM »
Hi All

We are now, as I'm sure are a lot of you, #stayingathome.

We're out of strong bread flour but have about 2/3rds of a 25kg bag of Caputo Pizzeria flour.

Has anyone used Caputo for making normal bread?  If so, do you have a tried and tested recipe that we can have a bash at?

Many thanks, take care all

Dave Bond

Offline amolapizza

• If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Re: Bread recipe using Caputo
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:10 AM »
Yes, I've made lots of bread with Caputo pizzeria.  I buy it in 25kg bags and in order to use it up faster I use it for bread too.  Normally I cut it with some rye, wholewheat and other flour I have at home, but you could use just the Caputo.  It's just flour maybe not as strong as UK bread flour but still strong enough to make a good bread from.

I'd imagine that you could use any recipe but look at this where I posted about my bread: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=52331.msg527133#msg527133

Make the preferment, leave it over night, then make the bread next day.  If you don't have any other flour at all, just use another 100g of Caputo to replace the other flour I used. It takes a good few hours and I suppose it's also a question of learning the different steps of bread making, more than about the flour itself.

Otherwise use any normal bread recipe that you are used to, and just use the Caputo in place of your normal white flour.

Best of luck!
Jack

Effeuno P134H (1700W upper element), EGO 500C Thermostat (upper), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Sacorosso, Mutti Pelati Bio.

Offline DaveB

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
Thanks! 

I wasn't too sure how it would compare to bread flour but I'll get baking as per normal.

Many thanks

Dave

Offline amolapizza

• If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
Maybe you have to change the hydration a few percent, or change how you tighten the dough slightly, but it's just flour and this holds true in general when you change flour :)  You always have to adapt a little bit as each flour is different.  Personally I think it makes a very tasty bread!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:52:48 AM by amolapizza »
Jack

Effeuno P134H (1700W upper element), EGO 500C Thermostat (upper), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Sacorosso, Mutti Pelati Bio.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress