A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Calculator Help  (Read 302 times)

Offline dbkyser

• I Love Pizza!
Calculator Help
« on: April 01, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
So I have started reading and what have I got myself into  ;D

I am learning a lot but have some conflicting information and want to ask here and make sure I am reading correctly.

Thin crust thickness is .10, Hydration of 64% is common, salt % 2.5 is a good starting point.
Yeast ADY seems to be where I am not sure, this table I read stated .42% if 74 degrees for an hour. This comes out to 2.521 g or .667 tsp.
Seems everything I have watched on Youtube says 1.25 tsp.
Am I calculating something wrong, or am I using too much Active Dry Yeast. I have been using 1 package.

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Calculator Help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
What table are you reading?

What is your flour weight?

Do you want 1 hour pizza dough at around 74 degrees room temp and if so why? don't think anyone recommend such a short fermentation.

If the fermentation table on the forum if anywhere near accurate then 0.42% of ady isn't nearly enough at that temp you're probably looking to at least double it.  ???

Offline dbkyser

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »
What table are you reading?

What is your flour weight?

Do you want 1 hour pizza dough at around 74 degrees room temp and if so why? don't think anyone recommend such a short fermentation.

If the fermentation table on the forum if anywhere near accurate then 0.42% of ady isn't nearly enough at that temp you're probably looking to at least double it.  ???
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg271398#msg271398 is the table I was looking at.

Offline MadMatt

• I Love Pizza!

Online jsaras

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 11:17:46 PM »
So I have started reading and what have I got myself into  ;D

I am learning a lot but have some conflicting information and want to ask here and make sure I am reading correctly.

Thin crust thickness is .10, Hydration of 64% is common, salt % 2.5 is a good starting point.
Yeast ADY seems to be where I am not sure, this table I read stated .42% if 74 degrees for an hour. This comes out to 2.521 g or .667 tsp.
Seems everything I have watched on Youtube says 1.25 tsp.
Am I calculating something wrong, or am I using too much Active Dry Yeast. I have been using 1 package.
1. Forget YouTube.

2.  Set fire to and/or delete your browser history for any recipe that states you should use an entire packet of yeast.

2. Extend your fermentation to a minimum of 4 hours at room temp, and preferably 12-18 hours.  Your tummy will thank you for it.  It will be infinitely superior to a 1-hour crisis dough.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T