A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: blackstone ovens available again..  (Read 1285 times)

Offline dunker

• I Love Pizza!
blackstone ovens available again..
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:48:48 PM »
https://blackstoneproducts.com/collections/bundles/products/ultimate-pizza-oven-bundle
If you know anybody who wants one.
Still in the bundle though.  I got mine up to 1100 degrees according to the built in thermometer.  TOO hot.  Backed it down and cooked NY style margheritas in 90 seconds.

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
Re: blackstone ovens available again..
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 09:56:24 PM »
I'm a week or so out from buying a pizza oven, was sold on the Ooni Koda but I've never seen this one. Looks very interesting, especially the spinning stone. I gotta go look up some reviews and see what people say about it. Thank you for the post who knows I might end up getting this. It's out of my price range but I could probably figure out how to make it fit lol.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:11:03 PM by Quebert »

Offline jsaras

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:57:32 PM »
I'm a week or so out from buying a pizza oven, was sold on the Ooni Koda but I've never seen this one. Looks very interesting, especially the spinning stone. I gotta go look up some reviews and see what people say about it. Thank you for the post who knows I might end up getting this. It's out of my price range but I could probably figure out how to make it fit lol.
It was (is?) one of the most popular home pizza ovens of all time.  It originally sold for $250, shipping included.  It’ll probably go on sale before too long. 
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 12:14:22 AM »
Koda costs more dude....
Go look up reviews and oven in action right here man... Search engine.... Big friend.   🍻
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 12:16:13 AM »
At nearly 1.5 million views, this thread about the old Blackstone is currently the most-read one on the forum.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25127.0
-Tony

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:47:49 AM »
Koda costs more dude....
Go look up reviews and oven in action right here man... Search engine.... Big friend.   
Apparently this is a new model with some improvements. I can’t find anything specific on Google as to what’s new or different though. And this one looks like it only comes in the kit for $599.

Offline Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 03:39:15 AM »
At nearly 1.5 million views, this thread about the old Blackstone is currently the most-read one on the forum.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=25127.0

Wow a lot of posts there, I read thru it, looks like a pretty sweet oven. It being almost twice the price it was sucks though. I know it comes with extra stuff but I'd be fine with just the oven for $400. Still definitely on my radar and list, $599 with everything that comes with it isn't all that bad of a deal really.

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 07:07:43 AM »
When the BS first came out,  I think it started out at around $450,  and I think that was about the amount I paid.  It did get much lower as they were clearing it out.   Overall, it does a nice job, though some complained that the materials were pretty cheap, and it was prone to rusting. 

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 11:34:05 PM »
I think I bought mine in 2012 for around $250 on Groupon.
I have soooooo many extra parts where Blackstone sent me that I can built another
2 grills....After 7 years the Bottom of the grill I replaced last year with a New Bottom.
(the bottom with the Push button on it}
After the replacement I felt I got a new Grill,Think I at least another 10 or more years before needing
to look for another grill lol...…Blackstone RULESSSSSSS...………….JT
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:35:56 PM by johnnytuinals »

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 05:48:34 PM »
I have one and have talked with the owners. I love this oven ! and I think I paid $250
Neapolitan style 100-120 seconds is perfect! but you could do any style  If you have the space My opnion this mini rotator is a better option than the Koda , ooni , roccbox .... and If you have the room  and cant find a pizza party!  :)

John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 06:32:44 PM »
I have one and have talked with the owners. I love this oven ! and I think I paid $250
Neapolitan style 100-120 seconds is perfect! but you could do any style  If you have the space My opnion this mini rotator is a better option than the Koda , ooni , roccbox .... and If you have the room  and cant find a pizza party!  :)

John
. Amen brother!  :pizza:.     ^^^.  This is a man that knows what he's talking about folks.   :chef:.  😎
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline hammettjr

• Matt
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:17 PM »
Looks like its sold out. Great oven, I should fire mine up again.
Matt