A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Can you still purchase Blackstone pizza ovens?  (Read 804 times)

Offline Antomike

• I Love Pizza!
Can you still purchase Blackstone pizza ovens?
« on: May 14, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »
Hello, can you still purchase Blackstone pizza ovens?

Thanks!

AM

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Can you still purchase Blackstone pizza ovens?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:36:50 AM »
Someone posted a few weeks ago that they were back, but it looks like they are gone again.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=61619.msg614567#msg614567
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 08:17:12 PM »
I can't confirm this as I've never seen a Blackstone or a TwoStone, but I believe the rotating bottom is no longer part of the new improved Blackstone. Replaced as far as I can tell with a lever that lets you easily rotate the bottom 180 degrees.  At least that's what I see when I read about different versions.

Ira

Offline Rudyo

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:25:18 PM »
I can't confirm this as I've never seen a Blackstone or a TwoStone, but I believe the rotating bottom is no longer part of the new improved Blackstone. Replaced as far as I can tell with a lever that lets you easily rotate the bottom 180 degrees.  At least that's what I see when I read about different versions.

Ira
Is there a new Blackstone out?  I have heard rumors but have not seen any proof.  The original Blackstone is the one to have.

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 06:56:51 AM »
Ira ,  can you post a link to what you read about a lever?  While that may be true, that would suggest a totally different design. The original design had a high btu burner placed on one side under the platter,  if the platter did not rotate constantly, it would warp due to differential heating.  If they have gone to  manual rotation of just 180 degrees, something else must have changed. 

Offline enchant

• World-class pizza maker in the making
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
I'd be disappointed if they eliminated the rotating platter.  It was a simple design, and one benefit was that you could see the entire pizza as it cooked.  You didn't have to wonder if that back corner was getting a nice Chernobyl char to it.

Truth is, I already have three of them, and short of a meteor striking one, I don't see why I'd ever need to buy another.

If Blackstone actually *does* abandon the rotating platter, I'd think that an enterprising person or group could do well by coming out with a similar design.  It'd have to be low cost, as I feel that one of the major draws of the original Blackstone was that it was within almost everyone's budget.
--pat--

Offline ira

• I try to cook Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 08:56:07 PM »
Ira ,  can you post a link to what you read about a lever? 

Looks like they gave up as all the links to pizza ovens on their site are gone.

That's where I thought I saw it and now it's gone.

Ira