A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Focaccia with Breville Pizzaiolo temperature settings  (Read 194 times)

Offline nazgul86

• I Love Pizza!
Focaccia with Breville Pizzaiolo temperature settings
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:45:50 AM »
Does anyone have experience in cooking focaccia with the Breville Pizzaiolo oven? I was going to try one tonight, and was thinking to use the Pan Pizza settings, not sure if anyone has better suggestions. Have not tried yet using Manual Mode, so perhaps that would be a better way.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: Focaccia with Breville Pizzaiolo temperature settings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
Does anyone have experience in cooking focaccia with the Breville Pizzaiolo oven? I was going to try one tonight, and was thinking to use the Pan Pizza settings, not sure if anyone has better suggestions. Have not tried yet using Manual Mode, so perhaps that would be a better way.

I've baked many and they come out really great. The main thing is to moderate top temp in custom mode so that top doesn't burn. Will depend on the composition of the crust, amount of dough, and toppings. If using toppings prone to burning, you can add them later in the bake. Use plenty of oil (I use clarified butter) in the bottom of the pan to get a nice golden bottom. 

Offline nazgul86

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 04:15:44 PM »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 04:21:25 PM »
Thanks do you have experience using the "Pan Pizza" mode to cook Focaccia as well or did you just do it custom? If custom, what temperatures did you end up using?

Pan preset resulted in less-than-crispy bottom and burnt top. These days for all pan pizzas, including focaccia, I've been using around 700-725F deck, 425-450F top, even, adding cheese when used after around 5 minutes. 375g dough in 11" round pans.

Let's take further discussions over to the dedicated thread for Breville pan pizzas.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress