A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: my style  (Read 971 times)

Offline Jiraya

• I Love Pizza!
my style
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:06:02 PM »
I am a 4th gen Native Californian. I suppose my pizzas are California style. I don't really identify that way. I tend to lean more on the dough style - Neopolitan. Super simple recipe
500 g 00 flour
10 g salt
1.5 g yeast
315 g water
I mix until the side of the mixer are clean, then put in tub and ferment 24 hours. Pull 2 hours before I cook separate into 270-275 g dough balls. I heat my WFO to between 800 and 900 degrees. Cook a pie in about 90 -120 seconds. burn Almond wood exclusively.
I deliver the pies to the over with a super peel. and use a turning peel while in the over.

Toppings is probably where I go off the rails. I have done everything from oysters, to hot dogs.
I make dessert pies and use Guinness Stout replacing the water for the beer

was looking back to realize I have been playing at this for 2 years, doesn't feel like it, but have to say this forum helped me alot. I get ideas for pizzas pretty much everywhere. I usually go with less is more, but I don't limit myself on toppings anything is fair game.
Strawberry, pineapple and white chocolate on a Guinness dough is killer, as is Marscapone, ricotta and apricots soaked in bourbon

Salut

Offline RHawthorne

• I Love Pizza!
Re: my style
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:52:12 AM »
Very nice looking pizzas. And that's a lot of experimentation for having only been into pizza for 2 years. Keep on doing your pizza thing and go wherever it leads. The best of luck to you.
If we're not questioning the reason for our existence, then what the hell are we doing here?!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress