A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Napoletena in a homeoven in 3 min  (Read 953 times)

Offline thiagopires00

• I Love Pizza!
Napoletena in a homeoven in 3 min
« on: April 29, 2020, 01:35:14 AM »
Hi guys,check my video how to cook a pizza in 3 min in a home oven,
Cheers

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Napoletena in a homeoven in 3 min
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 08:47:52 AM »
Nice.

Your oven has a more powerful broiler than most ovens.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline schold

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 01:38:38 PM »
If you add the pizza faster and keep the door closed more, the cooking time should come down.
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline wiz_d_kidd

• Make Mine Large!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:00:06 PM »
If you use a pizza steel, instead of a stone, and preheat it under the broiler for ~20 min, you can cut the time down. I'm achieving bake times of 110 seconds with my pseudo-neapolitan dough.

Offline vitug23

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 06:12:19 PM »
If you use a pizza steel, instead of a stone, and preheat it under the broiler for ~20 min, you can cut the time down. I'm achieving bake times of 110 seconds with my pseudo-neapolitan dough.

Hi wiz kid what type of oven do you have and how hot does it get? I have a 1/4 thick steel and have been preheating my oven at max temp 550, 45-60 mins, then broil for 15-20 before sliding my pie in then going back to bake setting at 550. The bottom crust never seems to crisp up as much as Id like unless I parbake with with half the sauce for 3 mins, broil for one, take it out and load my toppings, load for another 3 mins max with the last minute and a half on broil.

Ive acheived slightly better results parbaking starting from the very bottom rack then finishing directly on the top shelf without steel. Ive been thinking about getting a second steel as well. Your thoughts are appreciated 🙏🏽

Offline wiz_d_kidd

• Make Mine Large!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 11:12:54 AM »
Hi wiz kid what type of oven do you have and how hot does it get? I have a 1/4 thick steel and have been preheating my oven at max temp 550, 45-60 mins, then broil for 15-20 before sliding my pie in then going back to bake setting at 550. The bottom crust never seems to crisp up as much as Id like unless I parbake with with half the sauce for 3 mins, broil for one, take it out and load my toppings, load for another 3 mins max with the last minute and a half on broil.

Ive acheived slightly better results parbaking starting from the very bottom rack then finishing directly on the top shelf without steel. Ive been thinking about getting a second steel as well. Your thoughts are appreciated 🙏🏽

Kitchen Aid electric oven. The broiler is thermostatically controlled (limited) to 500 deg F, but that's just the air temperature. The steel typically gets to around 700 deg F after absorbing the direct IR radiation from broiler for 20-25 min.  I bake Neapolitan style pies, and the bottom is not supposed to be crisp -- only charred.

Offline Rick_F

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 11:46:58 AM »
I can't see the video  ???

Offline Abeermm

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 06:57:29 AM »
The youtube video is private