A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Marsal vs. Blodgett vs. Bakers Pride Gas Ovens  (Read 205 times)

Offline Pizzaiola19

• I Love Pizza!
Marsal vs. Blodgett vs. Bakers Pride Gas Ovens
« on: September 14, 2020, 06:01:25 PM »
I am trying to decide which oven I should go with between the three mentioned above. I have seen a lot of different opinions throughout this site weighing the pros and cons. I am looking to do NY style pizza and do some volume. Toppings will be basic nothing crazy. We will sell by the pie but also slices. Most of my experience has been with bakers pride and I have not had many issues with them but some people speak very highly about Marsal and Blodgett so I wanted to get an opinion before making that large of a purchase.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Marsal vs. Blodgett vs. Bakers Pride Gas Ovens
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 06:55:02 PM »
I like all three, but my preference is for the Marsal oven, thicker decking and lots of BTU's make for great ability to continually load and unload pizzas without any difference in bake. Just don't buy into the story line about not needing to rotate the pizzas in the oven, I've never found that to be true for any deck oven with a door! NOTE: Their gas decks come with an internal gas regulator already installed, DO NOT install another gas regulator.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
  • # 1 RATED PIZZERIA IN USA ON YELP
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 09:04:12 PM »
our vintage blodgett  1000' s require no rotating but it is really hard to find them with the original stones and in good shape.  Our are about 50 years old.  I put them in and pull them out and it saves a ton of time but they only hold 6-16" pies per deck and only a hair of space between pies.  Here is a photo of a typical bake and the ovens with Paulie Gee when he visited our shop.  The newer ovens all require rotating. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 09:05:43 PM by waltertore »
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
Marsal SD448 here... bought it on Tom's recommendation. It's a beast.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T