A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Why does the VPN forbid cold fermentation when cold fermenting/biga is so good?  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Pod4477

• Pizza
aaah... nice to see you moving beyond regina!

Thank you sir!  While I love Regina, lately, I've been doing away with all the added flour and perfecting my dough.  Once I was able to match the flavor of PR dough, I am now adapting that into a Neapolitan dough and pizza.  I maybe should have just bought a Neapolitan oven instead of making a bread oven, but not totally, since I think my bread oven can make some good Neapolitan pizzas due to the inside having such a low ceiling, despite having a lot of square footage on the floor.  While making PR style pizzas, I often got the flames quite intense, and did a quicker bake than PR would do, so that was pretty close to Neapolitan temps.  I need to test out making Neapolitan style in my oven this week.

Offline Pod4477

• Pizza
Correction on the biga.  It is a 29% biga that I accidentally thought was 22%.  I misunderstood the preferment calculator, and calculated the biga as 22%.  Still eating the 22% biga, it was delicious, especially with 1.5% ADY and 8 days in the fridge.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress