A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: AMAZING NEAPOLITAN PIZZA EVERY TIME | The Last Recipe You Ever Need YT video  (Read 464 times)

Online Quebert

• I Love Pizza!
So he talks a lot lot, but I found the video pretty interesting. He's very science-y and knowledgable yet he opens the balls about like I do, which I consider incorrect for Neo. Slap method or possible life in prison's how it works in Italy right?   The video goes into depth about the whys and he explains how to calculate your hydration level based off the protein level of the flour.   This is all stuff the seasoned vets here already know, but it's a very detailed video for the newer people like me.

I'm still watching the video so I haven't finished it yet. He also linked to the Commission Regulatiom (EU) PDF for how a Neapolitan pizza HAS to be made. While I haven't read it all yet, I'm sure I'd score a low D or maybe a complete fail lol.  The PDF actually has the Pantone/CMYK for the color the various parts of your pizza need to be.  I know Italians are serious business when it comes to pizza, but I didn't know it goes as far as color correction.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 11:13:47 PM by Quebert »

Offline DoouBall

I found his video interesting as well. And no, you don't have to do Neapolitan slap to make Neapolitan pizza - many Neapolitan guys making contemporary Neapolitan pizza don't slap at all. Some just do 1 or 2 slaps towards the end just to get rid of extra flour.
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

Online ARenko

I found his video interesting as well. And no, you don't have to do Neapolitan slap to make Neapolitan pizza - many Neapolitan guys making contemporary Neapolitan pizza don't slap at all. Some just do 1 or 2 slaps towards the end just to get rid of extra flour.
And you don't have to follow AVPN regulations. 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T