A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Breville Pizzaiolo- Care and Cleaning  (Read 990 times)

Offline Rmgrenley

• I Love Pizza!
Breville Pizzaiolo- Care and Cleaning
« on: September 29, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »
I am new to this board, and a recent purchaser of the Breville Pizzaiolo Model 820. Although I love the results, I have found the instructions from the company on care and cleaning to be fairly minimal, so I wanted to start this thread so those of you with far more experience could share your tips on keeping the oven clean and in good shape. Frankly, I don’t know what to try to clean and what to safely ignore.

The flour or cornmeal on the peel for launching obviously gets spread around despite my best efforts, and of course there are poorly accessible and inaccessible areas in terms of cleaning. I don't even know if experienced users are cleaning the oven after each evening's use, or figuring the oven will just burn it all up eventually! Are users removing the stone each time, trying to vacuum up any loose flour or cornmeal, using a cleaner on the inner steel surfaces, ignoring the flour that is under the platform and pretty much completely inaccessible, etc.? Sharing of any tips would be much appreciated.

I am also getting, after only a couple of evenings’ uses, a browning of the inner glass that will not clean up with any glass cleaner as it appears to be on the "outer surface of the inner glass"...meaning BETWEEN the double panes...and this is reducing visibility. After cleaning the inside of the glass, it appears to be smooth and free of grime, but the browning remains, which is why I suspect it is between the panes.

I have tried for two weeks without success to contact Breville support to find out if this is normal, or whether there may be a leak in the seal around the inner glass that is allowing the smoke to get in between the panes. It is getting worse with each use. Breville support will not answer, nor call back, nor answer their email contact form, and live chat is disabled. I do not know whether the company has shut down their support, gone out of business, or what the story is. Does anyone have any support number that actually works, different from that on the manual and their website? I have no idea if any experienced users have noted this browning of the glass as well, as I only found one reference to it in the threads on this board

Anyway, I would love to hear from other users how they clean and care for their ovens, what they ignore, and whether they have noted this browning of the glass.
Thanks.

Offline wayner

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Breville Pizzaiolo- Care and Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
As another new user I would be interested in this as well.  Also how to clean the stone - one of my pizzas had a bit stick to the stone and it caused a small fire.  So the stone was hard to clean afterwards.

Offline Carynb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
Well, I just spent close to an hour trying to clean the inside of my Breville Pizzaiolo. I have had it for just a few weeks and have been trying to clean it after each use, but I am pretty frustrated. Came to this site hoping to find hints, but instead found you and Rmgrenley with the same concerns/complaints. On top of everything else, it's dark in there! Hard to see as I try to clean. I have been using a flashlight while I try to see where to clean.

Love the pizzas that I have made in the Pizzaiolo, but wonder if there are better ways to keep it clean as well as hints as how to clean. Perhaps others will have a few suggestions. Wish I had some for you... And I'm sorry that Breville has been difficult to contact for Rmgrenley. That's not good, especially with an expensive piece of equipment.

Hoping to hear from other owners.

Caryn B.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 01:53:45 PM »
I use Easyoff. Good as new. I never clean the stone. Just scrape it gently.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=53390.msg564974#msg564974

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress