A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Countertop gas oven  (Read 334 times)

Offline BradleyJ

• I Love Pizza!
Countertop gas oven
« on: November 17, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Hello,
I looking for suggestions and advise on a reasonable priced countertop gas oven. Its for personal use and must be gas. Im currently looking at a Peerless C131p
and would really appreciate any comments about this brand or a similar style.

Thank You

Offline JeffShoaf

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Countertop gas oven
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »
What do you consider to be a reasonable price?

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 11:31:51 PM »
I'm inerested to see if anyone has experience and feedback on this.

It would be a good option for me but 30K BTU seems too small to recover but with 4 decks and my volume it might work if the recovery per deck is 5-10 min.

Offline patdakat345

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »
I do have one that I purchased back in 2011. Used it a lot a first and then circumstances had forced me let it stay idle for some 8 years. Recently got back to making pizzas again.

I used to make five fifteen inch pizzas on a  Sunday and give most of them away to my family. I placed the dough on screens. I would place 3 of them in the oven using the top three shelves. As they baked I would move them down a shelf and add another pizza to the top. Since the bottom shelf is the hottest, that was used for the final browning. Five pizzas in about 20 to 25 minutes. Baked at 450 degrees F.

This is not a countertop. It's advertised as a counter oven. Mine is in my garage and a built a cart on wheels to put under it. That raises the bottom shelf to a manageable position. If you use it infrequently you can either leave the pilot light lit or relight it every-time you want to use it. It will require removing two of the bottom shelves to do so. Those shelves are pretty heavy.
Be aware that whether natural gas or propane, the unit will require venting in accordance with local building codes'
The top temperature is 650 degrees F. Don't expect to make high temperature Neopolitans.
I have made different types of pizzas Chicago, perforated pans, etc. The oven performed well in all cases.

I bought two oven racks and these can be used if you have an overflow in your kitchen oven. With all of the deck stones removed, you could easily bake a 50 pound turkey.  On  the deck, I made the best oven baked ribs that I have ever eaten.

I am satisfied with the unit and feel that I got my moneys worth in quality and taste. I have not experienced any recovery problems. The shifting and adding of pizzas has not caused me any problems.

pat

Offline Andrew t

• I am picurious
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:53:57 PM »
thanks Pat. great to hear. I'll look more at it.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress