A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Is my Effeuno supposed to look like this?  (Read 471 times)

Offline jman1995

• I Love Pizza!
Is my Effeuno supposed to look like this?
« on: November 30, 2020, 04:05:48 PM »
Hi! I've just finally got around to installing my EffeUno P134H 500 into my kitchen. I've just taken a peak inside and it looks like there's a metal bar somewhere where I don't think it's supposed to be. I've attached a picture. Could someone kindly advise if everything is proper or if my unit is broken. If so please let me know if you know how to fix it!

Kind regards

Jack

Offline Simon

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Is my Effeuno supposed to look like this?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 04:33:53 PM »
It looks like the heat sensors. They are supposed to be along the wall, not loose. In the manual it is written that they can't even ever be cleaned. If that is what is on the picture, then you have to be very careful.

Offline jman1995

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
It looks like the heat sensors. They are supposed to be along the wall, not loose. In the manual it is written that they can't even ever be cleaned. If that is what is on the picture, then you have to be very careful.

That looks like the issue. It looks like they're supposed to be clipped to the top. I could try placing them back in the clips manually but I'm not sure if that's a good idea giving the sensitivity...

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 05:27:11 PM »
I'll take picture of my placement you can snap them back in place

Offline jman1995

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:08:27 PM »
I'll take picture of my placement you can snap them back in place

Thank you you're a star!

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »
I am not familiar with that oven, but in ovens I have played around with similar looking sensors, it looks like a sensor that uses a capillary tube .
  http://senasys.com/products/capillary-thermostats#:~:text=Capillary%20Thermostats&text=A%20fluid%20is%20encapsulated%20in,opens%20or%20closes%20a%20circuit.

In most of the ovens I have messed with, there are two brackets that have holes slightly larger than the diameter of the sensor, and sensor part  it is feed into those holes, and stays loose, though suspended in that assembly.   The main thing you need to be careful is that the "wire" at the end of the sensor is not an electrical wire that can be soldered if it is broken, it is actually a tube, so you have to bend it very gently and slowly to move the sensor,  if it breaks, AFAIK, you need to replace the thermostat.    It is not super fragile, I have bent the "wire" on a number of ovens moving the sensor to a different location, so as long as you treat it gently, you should be fine. 

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 10:18:04 AM »
Don't worry too much about it, they aren't all that fragile, just don't bend them too much so that you kink the capillary tube.  If both are lose you can see from the holes where the tube comes into the cavity which one goes above the other.  In mine the longer one goes on top.

A word of advice from Effeuno is that you should never turn them to 0 when you are finished with the baking session, this is as apparently it can cause too much pressure in the tube and break them.  I normally turn up both to 500C when I'm finished baking and when everything left on the stone has turned white I press the off button and open the door slightly.  The fan will keep running until the oven cools off.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »
Don't worry too much about it, they aren't all that fragile, just don't bend them too much so that you kink the capillary tube.  If both are lose you can see from the holes where the tube comes into the cavity which one goes above the other.  In mine the longer one goes on top.

A word of advice from Effeuno is that you should never turn them to 0 when you are finished with the baking session, this is as apparently it can cause too much pressure in the tube and break them.  I normally turn up both to 500C when I'm finished baking and when everything left on the stone has turned white I press the off button and open the door slightly.  The fan will keep running until the oven cools off.
+then (if necessary) turn the dials to 0 after the oven is cold

wordpress