A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away  (Read 16717 times)

Offline SonomaStation

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Tom Lehmann has Passed Away
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2021, 07:15:06 PM »
I'm just learning this news now and I'm devastated. I just joined the forum a couple months ago and right out of the gate Tom took the time to help me with my Neapolitan dough challenges. I'm extremely grateful for his generosity and I'm deeply saddened by this lost. Much love to all of Tom's family & friends.

Offline milq

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2021, 06:45:32 AM »
Like everyone else, I am completely devastated.

I am from Spain and I only have words of gratitude to one of the best mentors.

I have been reading Tom Lehmann here for many years. I feel a great sorrow.

Rest in peace, The Dough Doctor.

Offline renchero

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »
Son of a... That is so sad.  He was instrumental in me perfecting the chicago style thin crust pizza dough.  What a sadness.  Freaking covid. 
My friends say I am the best pizza maker there is.  But I know better.

Offline Chefchris96

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2021, 01:11:40 PM »
Very sad news - Condolences

Offline 333meg

• Surprisingly pizza obsession has not made me fat.
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2021, 12:20:29 PM »
I am just learning the news, I am devastated to hear. It’s a huge loss to all us lovers of the pie. He was a treasure.
Pursuing pizza has put me into an airplane, in a car and on road trips of hundreds of miles...

Offline yupy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2021, 05:54:05 AM »
I didn't visit the forum in a while now, i knew he was in the hospital but never expected this.. it's truly shocking  :(

Rest in peace Tom

Offline typicalsam

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »
What a kind and generous man. Such a loss to us all. My thoughts are with his family.

Offline marsab73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2021, 08:27:31 PM »
Thank you for sharing this sad news. Thanks to Tom and his passionate work for bakers and pizza hobbyist and professionals alike.  I think there is a need for a tribute to Mr. Lehmann, he leaves a legacy without a doubt. A pizza, accurate dough percentages, sauce, and toppings. It would also be nice to have stories shared by those that were lucky to have interacted with him. I have not read this thread so please excuse me if these topics have/or are being discussed. My condolences to the Lemann family.

Offline Barbara11

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »
Just saw this now - making his pizza dough today. That is so sad. I am so sorry for his family and grateful for his work.

Offline Gags

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »
I just found out when I saw the article in PMQ.  Very sad indeed.  RIP Tom Lehmann. 
"I'd trade it all for just a little bit more"

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2021, 06:58:06 AM »
just saw the post, my deepest condolences to the family. may his soul rest in peace and thank you tom for being with us, guiding and sharing all that you knew about pizza making. you will truly be missed.

Offline Zaroh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
Very sad. Rest in peace Tom. As others have pointed out Tom was always extremely generous in taking time to help out anyone, including a nobody like me when I first wanted to try making pizzas at home. He will be missed.

Offline Pizzapieguy6780

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2021, 06:57:34 PM »
Terrible news. So sorry for his family. Thanks you always answering questions and taking your time to help so many of us.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2021, 02:32:50 PM »
After the passage of a fair amount of time after Tom passed away, I decided to check the Pizza Today website to see if that company had a column or article or even an announcement letting their readers know that Tom, who had created countless articles for Pizza Today, was no longer with us. By contrast, the folks at PMQ had informed its readers of Tom's passing very promptly.  To check on Pizza Today, I did a search at their website to see if I might have missed an article or announcement of Tom's passing. In order to do the search, I had to register. I got nothing from my search. After more time passed, during which I did more searches at the Pizza Today website, and coming up empty, I decided to simply send an email to Pizza Today, using the link at the Pizza Today website. I let Pizza Today know of Tom's passing, given the fact that he had played an important role at Pizza Today through his many contributions to Pizza Today for many years. My email included an obit link. I waited to see if I would get a reply of any sort. I got nothing. But I still did searches from time to time and came up empty.

Finally, today, after doing another search, I got a link to what appeared to be the missing article that I had expected for the many weeks following Tom's passing. Here is the link:

https://pizzatoday.com/departments/features/commentary-one-of-a-kind-tom-lehmann/

Peter

Online 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
After the passage of a fair amount of time after Tom passed away, I decided to check the Pizza Today website to see if that company had a column or article or even an announcement letting their readers know that Tom, who had created countless articles for Pizza Today, was no longer with us. By contrast, the folks at PMQ had informed its readers of Tom's passing very promptly.  To check on Pizza Today, I did a search at their website to see if I might have missed an article or announcement of Tom's passing. In order to do the search, I had to register. I got nothing from my search. After more time passed, during which I did more searches at the Pizza Today website, and coming up empty, I decided to simply send an email to Pizza Today, using the link at the Pizza Today website. I let Pizza Today know of Tom's passing, given the fact that he had played an important role at Pizza Today through his many contributions to Pizza Today for many years. I waited to see if I would get a reply of any sort. I got nothing. But I still did searches from time to time and came up empty.

Finally, today, after doing another search, I got a link to what appeared to be the missing article that I had expected for the many weeks following Tom's passing. Here is the link:

https://pizzatoday.com/departments/features/commentary-one-of-a-kind-tom-lehmann/

Peter

Not the best web site.  Can't look at any articles if you don't sign up.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:01 PM »
Not the best web site.  Can't look at any articles if you don't sign up.

You can read the article if you disable Javascript in your browser.  >:D

(I have a Chrome plugin installed, a simple click and Javascript is disabled)

Online 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
You can read the article if you disable Javascript in your browser.  >:D

(I have a Chrome plugin installed, a simple click and Javascript is disabled)

Thanks, good to know.
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2021, 05:14:38 PM »
It’s a well written and very nice article. Thanks, Peter.
-Tony

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing the link Peter.
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline Stryda

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2021, 11:13:49 AM »
Sorry to hear of this. I'm just a pizza hobbyist, but Tom helped me out personally with a couple of recipes over the years, and my family gatherings must of ate thousands of pizzas thanks to him. RIP and Thank You.