A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help with Pizza Party issue  (Read 370 times)

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
Help with Pizza Party issue
« on: December 13, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
So I went outside the other day and the lid in the chimney of my pizza party had flown off and I couldn't find the wing nut.

I took it apart to clean off the pieces which had rusted a bit while I searched for what is an impossible to find wind nut size in Canada (M8 1.25 thread).

For the life of me now I can't seem to put it back together. The arm that holds the lid just falls to the lowest position and I can't use the oven in that state

Can someone take a pic by chance of the chimney set up and the arm in particular?

Offline Vinny G

Re: Help with Pizza Party issue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 10:05:29 AM »
Here you go.  Not sure if you have a problem with lid and ball too, but mine had melted off where the threaded round ball on the top is, and I contacted Simone and he sent out a whole new lid and ball under warranty.  I don't know if they are still honoring the warranty here any longer, but give it a shot. 
Check out the pictures of it on this thread:
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=49122.140
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:41:00 AM by Vinny G »
Be Kind To The People You Meet On The Way Up, Because You're Going To Meet The Same People On The Way Down

Offline pbc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 10:18:31 AM »
Thanks Vinny. What I can't figure out is how the arm is held up? Even if I tighten the wing nut there I doesn't get tight around the arm so I'm wondering if some piece fell off?

Offline Vinny G

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »
Is it possibly because you have the collar too low on the chimney itself? It has to be on the very top of chimney and then you tighten it to adjust the height of cap..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 10:33:09 AM by Vinny G »
Be Kind To The People You Meet On The Way Up, Because You're Going To Meet The Same People On The Way Down

Offline 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 12:12:26 PM »
I'd recommend scrapping it and replace it with a Spark Arrestor Chimney Cap.
Many laws in the USA require them.
That was one of the first things I did when I got my PP.
Bruce here... My toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress