A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The Perfect Pizza Dough by Fabrizio Casucci  (Read 264 times)

Offline DoouBall

• Supporting Member
The Perfect Pizza Dough by Fabrizio Casucci
« on: January 01, 2021, 03:35:07 PM »
The Perfect Pizza Dough by Fabrizio Casucci is a really interesting book!

I read it, couldn't fall asleep thinking about everything I learned and then re-read it from start to finish the next day. It's a pretty short book at only 139 pages, and pretty expensive too, around $40 on Amazon, but it was well worth it. The ideas that Fabrizio discusses are one of the best explanations I have read about how Italian pizza professionals think about flour choices, leavening, maturation and the use of direct and indirect dough mixtures. He covers multiple options for direct method and focuses on autolyse and biga as the primary preferment choices. If you've been making pizza for a while, there will be many things in here you already know, but I bet there will be plenty of new information. He also gives a very nice explanation for order of ingredients when using a spiral mixer and how to tell if the dough is ready. It may or may not transform your pizza game but you will probably really enjoy the book. Some of the dough recipes are very unique such as a multicereal dough with biga. I tried it and was blown away by the texture and flavor. Results posted here:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=58510.msg652312#msg652312

Only thing I found unusual is that many of the recipes use low hydrations such as 54-56% hydration plus oil. I believe these recipes are more designed for Pizza Classica or Tonda Romana. Other recipes feature 63-65% hydration, and there is a Pizza in Pala recipe using 80% biga at the end of the book. Can't wait to try some of these other recipes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:26:54 PM by DoouBall »
Alex

Outdoor Oven: Blackstone. Indoor Oven: Gaggenau.

Offline goldmax

• I Love Pizza!
Re: The Perfect Pizza Dough by Fabrizio Casucci
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress