A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Looking for any tips or advise on fabricating Stainless oven  (Read 403 times)

Offline bgallim105

• I Love Pizza!
Looking for any tips or advise on fabricating Stainless oven
« on: January 05, 2021, 10:23:11 AM »
Hi All,  Hope everyone is well and have had great Holidays!  Ive joined the forum because I have decided I would love to build my own simi portable pizza oven.  I work in a large sheet metal fab shop so I have all the means necessary to cut, form, weld etc.  I have been researching for a while now and have some ideas on how I would like to build this out of stainless but looking for any advice.  Basically I am thinking of using 14Ga (.075 Stainless)(1.9MM) inner and outer bowl with 1 (25mm) insulation with a 5 square pipe exhaust either inside chamber but dropped down to a lower height or in a separate outer chamber. Also thinking I will add a double walled insulated back and front as well as 2 insulation to floor. 
Although Ive scoured the internet for days I am unable to find any exact details, plans, drawings etc.  Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks again!   

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
Re: Looking for any tips or advise on fabricating Stainless oven
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 12:36:28 PM »
Have a look at this: https://laconfraternitadellapizza.forumfree.it/?t=77628458#

It's in Italian, but if you load it in chrome/chromium and right click and ask it to translate to English it's mostly understandable.  IIRC there are also drawings in 3D and for cutting.  Looks like a very nice oven!
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

Offline bgallim105

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 02:26:05 PM »
Awesome.  Ill check it out.  Thanks!

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:57:49 PM »
Post back when you have decided what to do.  You may also want to check the posts in the hearth oven subfolder- there are many posts  on exhaust size and placement -  I assume the ratios would be the same whether your oven is steel or some other materials.  FWIW, the Ardore - which is the smallest oven by pizza party had a double steel wall construction - my guess is the insulation was around 1 inch to the top and sides, and probably close to 2 to the bottom, though going from memory, and had no exhaust .  The larger Pizza Party ovens do have an exhaust at the rear  https://www.pizzapartyshop.com/en/

A D V E R T I S E M E N T