A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anyone with a Kenmore Gas oven successfully do the oven calibration?  (Read 311 times)

Offline novawaly

• I Love Pizza!
This is probably a long shot but figured i'd throw the hail mary anyway:

I just realized I can do the 35 degree oven temp calibration on my kenmore gas range. I turn it on by pressing bake, turn the temp up to 550 then hold bake until a "00" pops up, then arrow up the number of degrees you'd like to calibrate. I went with 35 but when I went to let it reheat my oven thermometer wasn't even breaking 550, let alone 575. Wondering if anyone has had sucess? I know a lot of the models make you press a start button (which mine doesn't have) so wondering if maybe I'm missing a step or something
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:18:35 PM by novawaly »

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: Anyone with a Kenmore Gas oven successfully do the oven calibration?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
From past ovens I recall that it did boost the temp but that doesn't reflect on the temperature the oven shows on it's readout. Only way to check it was with an thermometer.

Offline novawaly

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Anyone with a Kenmore Gas oven successfully do the oven calibration?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:09 PM »
Yea i agree, it wont change the oven display. I did have a taylor oven thermometer that just sat in there. Ordered a digital one to check it's accuracy (and b/c i can never see the temp on it anyway when i'm baking pizzas)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress