A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapoli Newbie - Minimal Toolset (Cast Iron)  (Read 259 times)

Offline Michael N Olson

• I Love Pizza!
Neapoli Newbie - Minimal Toolset (Cast Iron)
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:15:19 AM »
Hello everyone, Michael here.

This site and YouTube have been everything as I've gone through this pizza making journey.  I wanted to post my progress here for input and say thank you to the people that helped me.

The Tools: I don't have a pizza oven, a pizza stone or any of the normal requirements to make a pizza let alone a true Neapoli.  All I have is a cast iron pan and an old oven - keeping my possession low as I have to move soon.  I'm blatantly aware that this is a hack, but I'm happy with the results for the time being. 

The Ingredients: I held true to the ingredients;  00 flour, San Marzanos, fresh mozz and basil.

The Look:   Pretty good for what I have to work with.  The outside crust is clearly under cooked and I may get a little torch to play with to change that, or maybe my dough game inst great.

The Taste:
  I think shockingly good....  The sauce is awesome, the dough is great and you cant go wrong with the cheese.    Overall I'm really happy with what I've accomplished.

I know this will never reach the level of other peoples pizzas here, or an average pizza shop, but I like where I've come.  After I move, I may start messing around with cast iron on a grill but I hope to avoid buying one of the Ooni or other pizza specific boxes.  We'll see where this learning journey goes.

Anyway, let me know what you think with what I have.  I appreciate all the help from everyone over the year.  Stay safe and lets hope covid dies soon.

Thanks!
Michael

:pizza:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:44:50 AM by Pete-zza »

Online corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapoli Newbie - Minimal Toolset (Cast Iron)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
Those look very nice! Iíve never baked on cast iron, but it sure looks like it works fine.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T