A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: New experiment with amazing results: Criscito Ancient Mother yeast from Caputo  (Read 733 times)

Offline mikep

• I Love Pizza!
I have been thinking about fermentation times and mother yeast lately and came across this product and decided to give it a go. Today I had the chance to use the Criscito di Casa Caputo, which is basically a dried mother yeast that is meant to displace a certain percent of your regular flour recipe. Yesterday's small batch was indeed small. 270 grams of Caputo Americana flour and 30 grams of the Criscito. 188 ml water, 9.50 grams sea salt, 3 grams olive oil and 3 grams Caputo dried yeast.
3 hour rest at room temp and split into 2 - 250 grams balls and 15 hours cold fermentation. The texture was amazing upon splitting and balling. I was looking for a perfect 24 hour recipe with the flavor of a longer cold fermentation and this one was amazing! Super flavorful and light as air. I cooked a basic Margherita in the oven on top rack with broil/bake about equal. 7 minutes total.
I love this stuff.

Offline Willthepizzamaker

• I Love Pizza!
I'm thinking to make poolish with criscito and high gluten bread flour mix with fresh 00 flour dough with idy. Experimental will be fun. Do you like criscito still? Worth extra money?

Offline mikep

• I Love Pizza!
I'm thinking to make poolish with criscito and high gluten bread flour mix with fresh 00 flour dough with idy. Experimental will be fun. Do you like criscito still? Worth extra money?

Yes, I love it and its worth the money. One bag goes a long way. Cheers!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T