A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Re-Engineering Buffalo, NY style  (Read 12841 times)

Offline Ogwoodfire

Re: Re-Engineering Buffalo, NY style
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2017, 08:30:51 PM »
Hey Eddie! Let me know when you are there you can't miss me, I'm always there. If your getting the redpack or full red equivalent there's no need to reduce you actually want to water it down (I could have read your post wrong now that I think about it) but I'm pretty sure you get what I'm saying. The reducing canned tomato thing was just my own expirament and didn't really taste like what I know as Buffalo style pizza but was good nonetheless.

Offline a2zed

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »
Jay--I got it (I think)....looking forward to meeting this weekend.

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
I have to say, Iíve really had the bug for good buffalo style pizza lately and plan on resuming this thread as soon as as Iím back from the Caputo cup next week. While I still regard Bocce, Imperial and Leonardis the best of the best, Iíve recently relaxed on some of my beliefs on how this pizza should be. My new goal is to recreate this pizza as good as possible going off my memories as kid and using techniques Iíve learned in my career. I have serious thoughts of opening a new place that takes Buffalo style to the next level with some classics and some modern topping combinations. I have purchased a new baking steel, some heavy pans and a new pizza party oven to work on this, hopefully I can produce some good results.

Offline a2zed

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 09:47:05 AM »
Jay (OGwoodfire) you are very ambitious! I missed you on my last visit (found out Jays Artisan is closed on Sunday). My nephew stopped by and loves your pizza. I hope to see you in Nov when I'm back for a Bills-Sabres weekend, and talk some cup and char--Buffalo style pizza. Would be great to taste your experiments!
--Eddie

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
Hey Eddie,

Give me a couple days advance notice and Iíll make up some Buffalo style pizza.

Thanks,
Jay

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2017, 02:12:02 PM »
I made a bit of a grandma/buffalo style pizza In a square pan yesterday. It came out okay.

Offline Ogwoodfire

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »
I decided to make an attempt at a thin and crispy Buffalo style pizza. It was kinda cool because it tasted like Buffalo style pizza but also had great texture.

wordpress